4 people are viewing this hotel
US$117
Free cancellation until 09/02/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$117
Free cancellation until 10/02/23
Official Hotel Site
US$113
Hotels.comUS$117
TravelocityUS$117
travelup.comUS$131
2,909 results
All reviews kids club connaught hotel leisure centre busy hotel family hotel large hotel swimming pool family break lovely hotel bar food reception staff food was lovely both nights would highly recommend this hotel last weekend enjoyable stay a lovely stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 October 2022 via mobile

Reception and restaurant Staff excellent. Food was superb.
Hotel frontage and lounge area was welcoming and fresh looking and a relaxing area, bright and modern.

Rooms- dated, cramped and a bit oppressive.
Need modernising. In-room phone liked really old. The tv was small and old, and the entrance hallway was cramped, the clothes wardrobe could be replaced with a simple modern open rack to open the space up. The entrance to the bathroom similarly too narrow and feels cramped.
An inviting warm new colour scheme would help life the mood.

Nice big bed, comfortable.
Windows were cloudy and dirty outside.
Noise levels from other rooms too high, would suggest asking for a room away from students (nearby college sees students at this hotel).

Main toilets in lounge area spotless.
Great lounge bar serving drinks & snacks.
A good hotel, with more modernised rooms it would be excellent.
Will stay again for the great staff, lovely food and the front of house area which I enjoyed chilling in.

Room tip: Main road is very busy- pedestrian crossing should definitely be used. Local Spar supermarket is opposite hotel. ATM machine has gone!
Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Guest Relations, Other at The Connacht Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2022

Dear Guest (Jussafax)
Thanks very much for your really very nice comments and of course we understand your view on the bedroom albeit it's one of our few remaining rooms scheduled for complete refurbishment; we are getting there. Thanks for taking the time to review us and hopefully you'll travel back to Galway and the Connacht Hotel in the near future, best regards, David O'Connor, General Manager.

Reviewed 16 October 2022

A rather large and impersonal hotel quite a distance from the City Centre. To be honest reminds me of a prison may be like with the layout and even down to rooms located in 'Wing A/B etc.'
The staff on reception are very welcoming and helpful however when it comes to the restaurant, that was another matter. The manager wasn't the friendliest of soles and the staff looked as though it wasn't the happiest of places to work either.
Room was ok, clean, everything worked apart from the tv which the previous guest must have been interferring with the channels and 'lost' them. No worries, soon sorted. No, a bit of a revamp is needed.
We only had breakfast which was ok but it's a big place, busy and could be quite noisy as a result.
Although the car park at the front always appears full there's a large underground car park at the rear. This may give some rise for concern re vehicle security but it's used by the staff and there often seems to be someone about.

Room tip: My review was let down a bit not by the staff in the hotel as such but the restaurant experience.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Guest Relations, Other at The Connacht Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2022

Dear Hugh,
Thank you very much for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your recent stay at the Connacht Hotel. I think we got some things right for you and not so right in the Restaurant which is regrettable. Yes it is a big hotel for sure and I can see where you are coming from. At certain times of the year it can be a lot quieter and more personable. Again Hugh, we much appreciate you letting us know so that we never get ahead of ourselves here at the Connacht. We do hope that you will return to us again in the future and if you do then please ask for me at time of booking and I will make some amends to you such as a complimentary room upgrade and a drink on the house. Regards, David O’Connor, General Manager.

Reviewed 25 September 2022 via mobile

Stayed with a group, check in was quick and easy, room was clean but bathroom was poor, sink cracked, shower had horrible stained.
Service in the restaurant was awful, waited 20 mins for bottle of wine and 30 mins for a 2nd one. Food was not brought at the same time so there was a long wait for some people a the table. Starters were tasty, main courses and desserts were average at best.
Finally the lights were so bright in the restaurant and did nothing to temper the garnish wallpaper and carpet. Not a relaxing meal.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Guest Relations, Other at The Connacht Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2022

Dear Louise,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Connacht Hotel. Apologies regarding your room and the cracked sink I will try to find the booking / room number and have this dealt with including the shower. The lighting in the restaurant is on a dimmer system and normally is adjusted for evening time and the difference between ambient and the increased lighting certainly can take from the experience and is this something we are looking at moving to a set switch. You can be assured Louise that we are looking into all of this, so thank you again for posting your review. Regards, David, Manager.

Reviewed 18 September 2022 via mobile

The check in and reception couldn't have been nicer, lovely lady called Sara took care of that very pleasant and welcoming, the room was disappointing as the bins in the bathroom hadn't been emptied I'm not going into the details on that one, the room looked tired and worn is the only way to describe it.
I had dinner in the bar and the service was abysmal lurch out of the Adams family served me, no knife fork no accondiments at salt pepper nothing, when I asked could I have veg with my baked cod, I was told yes but its extra, I said what he grunted ye have hummus, yeah it resembled dried up wood shavings, the baked cod was very tasty and very small portions, the veg when it came was nicely cooked and presented, but I was charged for it. When I asked lurch for a slice of lemon or lime I was grunted we don't do that. Now I have stayed here for business in the past and it has always been good, but I will not be returning again, I mean bins in the toilet not emptied, pure laziness and the restaurant make your own mind up..

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2022

My husband and I stayed at this hotel. The staff was very friendly. However, for what we paid, it was only an okay room. It was clean, but nothing special. The attached restaurant was awful. Long wait for food, very noisy for a supposedly "upscale" establishment, and inattentive staff. I ordered a vegtable soup, which I had no idea was pureed. I took ONE spoonful and immediately disliked it. We had to pay for it any way as we were told "all soup in Ireland is pureed". This never would have happened in an American restaurant. We advise not eating there! My husband had a so so chicken sandwich and "chips". Again, for the prices, nothing to write home about!

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review of your stay at the Connacht Hotel. It is very clear that your experience was poor and not something that we can stand over. Normally our feedback is quite good on our food and especially our staff. Yes we do typically puree our soups in Ireland but yes I understand that chunky vegetable soup can be popular too. The Chicken Sandwich and fries didn't match up to your expectation so we clearly didn't get that right either. We will look into this for you. Thanks again for your review. Regards, David, Manager.