2,023 results
All reviews kids club connaught hotel leisure centre busy hotel big hotel great family hotel swimming pool family room family break bar food reception staff food was lovely galway city galway races few drinks last weekend both nights
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Very nice room, A long way from the reception but very quiet and great shower when the hot water eventually arrived I thought it was coming from the ring road
Great breakfast this morning self service and very tasty

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Louise P, Guest Relations Manager at The Connacht Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear Charles,

Thank you for taking the time to share your very positive comments following your recent stay with us.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us. Great the hear that you found our Buffet Breakfast so "Tasty".

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and I hope that you will return to visit us again on your next trip to Galway.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

The nicest, friendliest staff you will find anywhere in the world. Every one of them has a hello with the biggest smile and eye contact. Impeccable customer services. No matter where you are in the hotel, staff will smile and ask can they help you in any way. My booking communication was excellent and I was upgraded to a business suite, which was outstanding and super clean. I popped my head to the hall and asked one of the staff for an iron and the young girl delivered in less than 3 minutes. I was at the hotel to deliver training and I was met with the kindest welcome. Everyone from the head of marketing to the reception staff, to the cleaners to the AV guy were smiling and chatty. I could talk about this experience all day. The pool and gym and sauna and steam are outstanding. I cannot recommend this hotel higher and on the day I was training, the hotel was being awarded in a separate room for "Best hotel in Galway". I would have loved to have presented the award. If you need any help thinking about where to stay in Galway, don't look or think any further. Just do it. Patrick

Room Tip: The staff are amazingly friendly. Just ask.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Patrick,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of our Hotel and in particular the excellent customer service you received during your visit.

I am so very happy to know that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us and that your training event went so well for you.

We were very proud to be awarded "Best Hotel in Galway" which was a great honour as the other Hotels in our category
are such well respected establishments in the city.

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to give us your glowing review. We look forward to looking after you again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Really happy with the service. Quick check in and good size family room with bunk bed. My kids enjoyed the food. Will be staying at this hotel soon!! Close to the city centre. If I had more time we would have use the swimming pool.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank susanmclearnon

,Dear Susan

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor, we are delighted to receive your very positive feedback.

I am so happy to read that you and your family enjoyed every aspect of your recent stay with us.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you all back to us again in the near future and that you will have the chance to enjoy the swimming pool on your next visit..

We appreciate that you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

The hotel was dirty, noisy and just downright tacky. We for some reason put in a handicapped room. If we had a disability we would have been in big trouble as the bathroom was dangerous. There were people running in the hallway all night long. The breakfast area was dirty and the food was unappealing for breakfast.

Room Tip: Do not trust the pictures.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank karolll71
Louise P, Guest Relations Manager at The Connacht Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Guest,

I was very sorry to read that were so unhappy with your stay for the reasons you have highlighted in your feedback. We are a very busy hotel, catering for a wide variety of guests from Coach Tours to Families from Corporate Guests to Couples and our Team make every effort to meet the needs of all of our Guests.

I am very sorry that we failed to meet your needs during on your visit, but, I wish to assure you, that your experience would certainly be not the usual of our Guests.

If we had been aware that you were disturbed by noise from other guests, we would have had our Team address the noise issues immediately. Once any noise complaints are brought to our attention, we will always make every effort to limit the disturbance as quickly as possible.

Either myself as Guest Relations Manager or any of the Management Team would have been more than happy to speak with you in person regarding your feedback during your stay, which may have helped to address and rectify the issues you encountered prior to your departure.

We are always grateful to our Guests who take the time to share their experience and we will use your feedback to monitor our service in the areas you were unhappy with during your stay.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We have just returned today from our 3 night stay, we had booked a junior suite as we had our little girl we stayed in room 2110.

It was nice but could hear slot from the football pitches behind still at 10.30 felt like you were on the side line I did speak to one of the girls at reception and was told it was just a newly refurb room, must say it didn’t look like it.

My little girl had a great time in the pool.

A bit expensive for what the hotel and rooms were.

There is one credit to the hotel and that was (Sarah) one of the waitresses she was so nice and always had time for my little girl.

Would properly stay again but maybe in a double room as suite was not worth the money.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry that you did not fully enjoy your experience for the reasons you have highlighted in your review. We already in the process of a refurbishment programme, continuing to upgrade many of the facilities at the Hotel, including our bedrooms.

I am glad your daughter enjoyed her time at the pool and thank you for your special mention of Sarah, she will be delighted that she helped to make your stay more pleasant for you.

I hope that you will return to visit us and I would be delighted to go through the different options available to you should you stay with us again, please feel free to contact me or our reservation team directly and we will assist you in any way.