“Great food ”

Price range: US$9 - US$33
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Busker Brownes Bar & Kirbys Restaurant is set in the heart of Galway City’s vibrant & chique Latin Quarter. Throughout history Busker Brownes has been a meeting place for the Tribes of Galway, a soldiers barracks, a Dominican convent and a rendezvous for Galway Society. It is therefore no surprise that to this day that tradition of hospitality continues in panache.
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We ended up stumbling upon this place as everything on the main shop road was full. Luck for us. I had the map special my daughter and her friend had the tortellini and fish and chips. It was all really good. Would highly recommend

Evie F, Public Relations Manager at Busker Brownes, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Bevannevans,

Thank yo for taking the time to leave such a kind review of Busker Brownes.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback, it makes all we do here even more rewarding. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your dining experience with us - our Bogman -Ale Battered Cod & Chips is a favourite here in Buskers and I will be sure to pass this in the team in the kitchen, they will be thrilled!

We would love to welcome you back to Buskers in the future.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Found this place on a whim while actually looking for another place to eat. Guinness stew is excellent and filling!

Evie F, Public Relations Manager at Busker Brownes, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Susan W,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a lovely review of Busker Brownes. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us, it is always a pleasure to receive feedback such as your own as it makes all we do here even more rewarding! Our Beef & Guinness Stew is famous here in Buskers and I'll be sure to pass this on to the team in the Kitchen!

We would love to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Came in on a whim as everywhere in Quay street was jam packed. Saw the menu was reasonably priced and got seated straight away. When the food came out we were really pleasantly surprised. We had the Guinness and beef stew and fish stew and both were amazingly tasty! Nice big portions and quick service, the brownie dessert was really good too. Music started at 10 which was also amazing and we really, really enjoyed our experience. Staff were nice and friendly as we would definitely recommend!

Evie F, Public Relations Manager at Busker Brownes, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Molly L,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a lovely.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit to Busker Brownes. It is always a pleasure to receive such kind words, which I will be sure to relay back to the team here. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed the live music too, we have live music here in Buskers up to 7 nights a week and it is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

Many thanks for the recommendation, we appreciate it!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Visited buskers a couple of days ago for some food, we didn't book a table but went into the bar and we were seated straight away for food. The restaurant was busy but that was explained to us when our order was being taken - food came and was lovely could not fault the fish and chips or the lasagne which we ate!

Service was great the girls working were extremely friendly and provided information and different alcohol menus - dingle gin and fevertree tonic was amazing and presentation was fab.

On a side note - the previous review below I feel is unfair to the restaurant as one of the adults was shockingly horrible and rude to the waitress and made no problem causing a scene which made myself and my boyfriend extremely uncomfortable never mind the waitress who had to deal with the customer.

Evie F, Public Relations Manager at Busker Brownes, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind words in your recent review.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all avenues of what we have to offer here in Busker Brownes, I will be sure to pass your heartwarming review on the the team here! I was particularity pleased upon reading your kind comments about our staff & service.

We would love to welcome you & yours back again in the future.

Best,

Reviewed 18 August 2017

My wife and I revisited Busker Brownes for lunch and really enjoyed the experience. New lunch menu is very extensive and the service and food was first class. Can genuinely recommend Buskers to anybody looking for great food and friendly service. Mick C.

Dear Mick C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit with us - feedback such as yours is always very rewarding!

Many thanks for the recommendation, we appreciate it!

We would be delighted to continue to welcome you & yours to Buskers,

Best,