“Lovely food and a good pint”
Review of The Boat Inn

The Boat Inn
Ranked #121 of 536 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 8 October 2017

My wife had fish and chips while I had the seafood chowder. Both dishes were excellent
The service was friendly and efficient. Certainly a place we would eat again while in
the neighbourhood. The best was the brown bread served with the chowder.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

After a long day in Connemara & Cong we arrived back in Oughterard tired and hungry. Our B&B was within walking distance. A very warm and inviting restaurant. My husband and adult sons thoroughly enjoyed their entrees. They laughed when I proclaimed the salad I ordered was the best I'd ever had. (I was serious!) The quality of the food and presentation was the best we experienced during our entire visit in Ireland!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

This is a great place to meet up for drinks, snacks, or a meal, you can sit inside or outside, it is in the center of the town so the location allows it to be very much part of the local ambiance. We were there for drinks and snacks, early evening, there was a very pleasant atmosphere and the service was excellent.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

A popular place with locals and visitors. It is right at the center of town, and the food is good. We ate in the bar.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Spent an lovely family group evening here in this bar, great friendly staff, and homely atmosphere and central location. Didnt have dinner but had some light bites food which was delicious and hit the spot perfectly.