“Mmmmmm..... yum! ”
Review of Goyas

Goyas
Ranked #5 of 14 Dessert in Galway
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

It's tucked away in a little alley but a gem! The tarts, scones, pies are all so delicious!!! The price is reasonable too!

Mama G, Owner at Goyas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you Jon Wei K for your lovely review !!
We are delighted you enjoyed your visit to Goyas, after finding us..which sometimes can be difficult!! We look forward to seeing you again soon, Emer at Goyas.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We ate here a couple of times, once for lunch and another time for the pastries and coffee. The latter are excellent, the former not so much. Staf is veery nice. Pleasant and worth it for coffee and pastries.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Lovely to come across this little cafe. Drawn in by the smell of baking and I was not disappointed, sausage roll and apple crumble just out of the oven and the best decafe coffee ever. Looked at lunch menu wish I could have come back for lunch. If I had to find fault it would be that the staff seemed under stress, but were pleasant
Good value

Mama G, Owner at Goyas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you Pauline f for taking the time to write the review, we are delighted you enjoyed the baking...No doubt about it, it's the initial smell that is THE MAGIC. We bake everyday, make our own puff pastry for the sausage rolls, so it's very much appreciated when a client comments and enjoys our work. We look forward to seeing you soon again, Emer at Goyas.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Having given what was once my favourite Galway daytime restaurant a mediocre review some months ago, I decided it was only fair to visit it again, and to visit it for a meal rather than for coffee. This time two of us decided to have lunch, and to have the quiche and salad, always a good Goya staple. The service was pleasant, the atmosphere relaxing and easy on the eyes - the decor is lovely. But as you can see I am delaying mentioning the food. The slice of quiche was quite small,and falling apart a bit - I know that shouldn't matter, but it was a bit offputting. Still, it tasted good, the four or five bites eating it involved - and the accompanying salad shall we just say left a lot of white space on the plate. It was tiny and had only green leaves and parmesan shavings. That was it. No dressing offered. I remember the quiche and salad you used to get in Goya's a few years ago, big, firm slices of quiche with crispy, melt-in-mouth pastry, and a helping of salad that filled the rest of the plate, with dressing on the side. But the other day was a disappointment, and for E8.50 this was poor value. We had water with it, by the way, but we decided to skip tea/coffee.

Mama G, Owner at Goyas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Dear CC 196080,
First of all, thank you for taking the time to write, however, as you can imagine I am disappointed with your review. All of the team are always on hand to organise extra salad, dressing or indeed answer any queries that a client might have...had you asked for more it would have been gladly gotten for you. I would very much like that you would visit us again, we all try at all times to do our best and maintain the standard but,if you have a issue with something, please ask to speak with me..

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We fell upon this place while looking for another place but stopped for what was to be the best coffee we had in Galway.We shared a scone as we sat with our beverage.This place has a great reputation in the area for their cakes and we we noticed how the traffi here was good.