“Sushi and Bento boxes for lunch”
Review of WA CAFE

WA CAFE
Ranked #108 of 495 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2017

I have eaten here many times and keep returning. It is one of the few places in Galway where you can get low key fresh sushi and friendly service at a reasonable price. The service is very efficient. They have a tea of the day and daily specials. They make their own in house lemonades. I like that they tell you where the fish is sourced. Yesterday we had chicken maki roll, gyozas, and a tofu bento box. The best was the tofu. The gyoza filling was a little mushy for our taste (prefer fresh chopped veg rather than paste). The location is a little off the beaten track and this is why it is not full at lunch. I feel it has a better atmosphere with a better selection than the new'ish sushi place located opposite Brown Thomas. This restaurant also does a stand in the Saturday market most weeks.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

The kids wanted to try sushi for the first time so we tried this spot the other night. Its more like a cafe than a restaurant but they do serve in the evening & have a beer & wine menu. As a newbie to Sushi it was good to see regulars who seem to know what they're doing. The hostess was helpful and suggested a variety plate. I don't think I'll ever rush to sushi but it was good. I didn't enjoy the mackarel but the tuna and salmon were good & for the wary there are non fish options. Great value.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Amazing sushi. Seafood sourced from the west coast of Ireland. The servers thoroughly explained each dish and source. They were very helpful. My friend got the sushi and homemade tuna kim chi which was very tasty. I got the noodles and chicken which was really good but I couldn't finish it so the lady put it in a box for me to take home and eat later. The restaurant is small and cozy, located near the docks and not as busy as it should be. Will definitely call back next time we're in Galway.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

Nice enough Japanese food and drink in this place. Some nice selections of Japenese teas, deserts and bento sets as well. A nice little Japanese cafe this down near the docks area of Galway city to chill out in any time of year when you are in that area, must admit.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Fabulous restaurant, delightful staff. The quality of fare is consistently outstanding. SENSATIONAL sushi and nigiri, and the chef's special Japanese Snickers desert.