2 people are viewing this hotel
Get rewarded with One Key
ZenHotels.com
€94
1,947 results
All reviews city centre bit dated bus stop lovely hotel family room three nights following morning from start to finish eyre square flannerys ireland receptionist louise euro cliffs
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2016

You could find a better place for something to eat whether you call in for cavary or order off the bar menu. The food is great and the service matches this. It would be unfair of me to single out one member of staff since they are all great at what they do and if you are staying a few days you can be sure they will know you by name. The rooms are good value and the pub always has a great atmosphere at night with music on the weekend. Great spot

Room tip: Watch for stags during the summer
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Sean072013
AishlingCarey, Guest Relations Manager at Flannery's Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Thank you for your lovely review of you recent visit to Flannery's Hotel.

I was pleased to read you liked our hotel and thought the staff were friendly and the service was great. Thank you for mentioning our bar and restaurant, they are both well known for there tasty food along with being great value for money

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

The pics show probably the suite, the normal rooms are old, smelly cigarets and poor fitted. Rust and scale in the bathrooms, not really enjoyed my time for the price I paid. City centre not at walk distance, you have to get the car to move. I don't recommend it.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at Flannery's Hotel. We appreciate all feedback we get from our guests and are relentlessly trying to improve the level of service we provide.

I was disappointed to hear you felt the hotel was dated as we have done extensive refurbishments over the years and have received many positive comments. Please be assured we will take your feedback on board.

In relation to our online pictures there are various different room types displayed along with various pictures for the specific room type chosen and the hotel is well known for being one of the most competitively priced hotels in Galway throughout the year.

There are may ways of visiting the city as Tour companies, Taxis and the local bus stop are all right on our doorstep.

Please do return to us in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 30 August 2016

We stopped in Flannery's Hotel for a few nights in August. We found the rooms quite basic, with few TV channels. The beds were comfy and housekeeping brought up extra pillows after a phone call extremely quickly which was much appreciated. However, the corridors were very dark with a poor carpet, in addition heavy doors every few feet make bringing luggage through very difficult. The seating area near reception isn't very warm and welcoming which doesn't give a good first impression.
The breakfast food was ok, but bringing simple things like our drinks and our toast took way too long. I also think that it would be much better to have a hot food buffet instead of the ordering system. Dinner in the bar was much better, food was an excellent quality and staff were amazing.
I do think that the hotel is a little expensive though. At 250 euros a night, this was the most expensive hotel that I have stayed in over my years travelling to Ireland, and I have stayed in much better hotels for a lot less money.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AlisonS2882

We pride ourselves in being one of the most competitively priced hotels in Galway throughout the year.

I was pleased to hear you were happy with the bar and food, and found our staff amazing.

I hope you return to us in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Flannery's Hotel, Galway.
Nice Hotel, friendly staff, great Bar and Restaurant but a bit pricey.
Staff friendly but a bit snooty, overall enjoyed it but just something about the place made me uncomfortable.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve Y
AishlingCarey, Guest Relations Manager at Flannery's Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Thank you for your review of you recent visit to Flannery's Hotel.

I was pleased to read you liked our hotel and thought the staff were friendly. Thank you for mentioning our bar and restaurant, they are well known for value for being good value for money.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 August 2016

As I was travelling alone I researched hotels in the area with good parking and reasonable walk into the city.
Flannerys ticked all the boxes.
It was easy to find off the main drag from Dublin Port. Plenty of parking available as I arrived about 4pm.
My room,on the forth floor ,was a good size,very clean and comfortable and quiet.
The wifi was good in the room although I did have trouble getting a connection on the second morning following quite a windy /wet night.
I had a meal in the bistro/bar, home made burger which was ok but a little dry.
And had a continental breakfast the second morning which was quite basic. Full Irish was available if you wanted.
The staff were very approachable and friendly, it was a comfortable, clean environment .
An easy,25 minute walk into the centre so Galway city. But a regular bus service outside the hotel if needed.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

In relation to the breakfast buffet we have cold food on display but we also have a extensive selection of hot food available that can be ordered with your waiter/waitress. Thank you for mentioning the staff were friendly and I was pleased to hear you were happy with our large rooms along with the ample free car parking.

The hotel is in a great location 2km from the city center with a regular bus route stopping outside the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit.