“Good Hotel”

Flannery's Hotel Galway
Ranked #18 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Nice and clean, excellent food, old part of hotel a bit dated .Very busy with US visitors which is a very good sign. We stayed just 1 night and realy enjoyed the location with its proximity to everything that Galway has to offer.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AidanRyan577

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Me and my friend where there for one night in Flannery's the hotel room was
clean but we were in the old
part of the Hotel the room was outdated and the bathroom
was very small but other that everything was ok.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cathal864
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Having just returned from a three day post Christmas break at Flannery's Hotel, I feel compelled to write a review after reading some bad reports on Tripadvisor. My wife and I had a wonderful experience at this hotel, with friendly staff to greet you at check in, well appointed rooms with super king size bed and excellent cuisine to top it all. The food was really top class from breakfast to the excellent choice's for dinner and the desserts to die for ( all the desserts are home made, absolutely yummy !!) We have stayed in other 4 and 5 star hotels here in Ireland and abroad , which were NOT up to the standards of this hotel....The only tiny let down was the T.V which could have been a little bit bigger in size. The hotel has easy access to Galway city with all the brilliant nightlife and many pubs and clubs. I would Highly recommend this hotel to anybody travelling to Galway for a relaxing break .....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank meathguests
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Had Xmas party in Galway recently so needed a budget hotel just to crash out after the night . Double room was fine clean nothing spectacular but done the trick.tv was tiny . Good price for a Saturday night as most hotels hike it way up . Loads of parking all in all happy

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hardwoody
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I returned yesterday from a break in this hotel and to say I was disappointed is a huge understatement. It was a birthday present and from looking at the website I was looking forward to a well appointed comfortable room. On your website standard rooms are depicted with beautiful carpets, crisp white duvets and flat screen TVs, what I received was a worn, tired and frankly disgusting room. Instead of the duvets there were brown blankets covered with orange bed spreads that were frayed, torn and with burn marks. The paint was peeling off the walls and the window would not even open. At 4am I was awoken to shouts from drunken people on the corridor and while I am aware that a hotel cannot supervise guests I expect a standard of soundproofing that would mean that I would at least not feel that these people were actually in my room. I came to the hotel excited and looking forward to my stay in Galway and upon seeing my room I was in tears. I feel that the website was extremely misleading. I wrote an email to the hotel telling them exactly what I have said in my review but unfortunately they did not have the decency to reply. For the price we paid for this hotel there are many more hotels of a much better standard available in Galway.

Room Tip: stay well clear of room 306