“Best food I've had in ages!”
Review of Black Cat

Black Cat
Ranked #27 of 492 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Went here on the bank holiday Sunday with my husband. We hadn't booked but I'd recommend you do as we got the last table at 7:30 and they asked if we could be gone by 9:30 which was no problem.
Their tapas are so tasty, I'm still reliving the Monkfish tempura I had, it had such flavour. Everything about this place is perfect- the food, wine, coffee, staff, ambiance... I'd say it's my favourite Restuarant in Galway now!

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This place specialises in tapas, so that's what we got.
We shared 5 dishes between us, all of which were beautifully made, perfectly balanced flavours. The fish was fresh, the bread crunchy and the sauces simple and superb.
The wine was equally lovely.
We had a desert each, port and cheese and sweet chilled wine with amaretti biscuits (which despite not having much of a sweet tooth I found exquisite)
And the bill was a pleasant surprise. We shall both be back, thank you.

1  Thank Robyn P
Reviewed 5 August 2017

This restaurant has something for everyone. You can't beat the gambas, calamari and beef cheeks for tapas or the Black Cat pasta as a main course...with a gooey brownie for desert of course! The wine list is impressive too!

If you are there for lunch the steak sandwich is one of the best I've ever had and very reasonably priced.

The staff are always friendly and attentive making for a warm and relaxed atmosphere. By far the best restaurant in Galway, the quality never disappoints!

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Fresh ingredients, gorgeous flavours. We were out for a family meal, every palette was catered for, and no one went home disappointed. In fact, we are still talking about how lovely it was well after dinner. Great house wine selection also. Staff lovely and attentive. Salthill family who forgot this gem existed. Will be back

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Had mushroom risotto, meatballs and scallops. The meatballs were fantastic, melt in your mouth - good service and music!