“Adequate food and poor service”
Review of Black Cat

Black Cat
Ranked #27 of 495 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Went to the Black Cat before Christmas. After ordering it took over an hour for the food to arrive. When the food arrived it was cold. Small portions. We asked someone to take it back. They said they would come back to us but never returned. I will not go there again. There are several better restaurants nearby including Oslo, Gourmet Tart and The Cottage Bar.

3  Thank Galwaygirlirelande

Reviewed 28 November 2011

As I said above I have a new restaurant in my number 1 spot.

Had heard alot about the Black Cat. Finalyy made it there but only for coffee. This was great and the place had a great atmosphere. Returned for food around a week later. And it lived up to everything I had heard and more. Great place. Great atmosphere. Great food. Great staff.

As you can see I love the place!

2  Thank PaddyPolski
Reviewed 24 November 2011

What a great find! Living in Galway myself I heard lots of people talking about this place so decided to go along and see what it's all about. What a treat. Really cute place. Very cool decor but place feels warm and welcoming. Went on a tues night so had live jazz. Also live music on a sun afternoon I believe. Had a selection plate of tapas each of which was gorgeous ESP the tuna and Aubergine. Lovely wine. Menu we got had only tapas but i think there might be some main courses on as well. Full on a tues night in nov so thats saying something. Beats the spanish restaurant in town hands down i think even though menu is a lot smaller. I think that doing a smaller menu better is preferable any day. Great service. All in all could not fault the place and am looking forward to our next visit.

3  Thank ShivGalway_Ireland
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Superb location great value for money, Danny and the girls all brilliant at their job. Pancakes for breakfast to die for!!!! Oh and the bed amazing!!!Real quirky feel with low jazz music fantastic atmosphere, rooms are small but do not allow this to dampen your stay here. can't wait for next visit

2  Thank Shoes3
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I enjoyed the mezze plate at the Black cat it was just enough and really tasty the Jazz session on Tuesday is fantastic with a good atmosphere. All in all a good experience.

1  Thank Laura C