5 people are viewing this hotel
US$224
Free cancellation until 13/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Expedia.comUS$202
Hotels.comUS$202
Lol.travelUS$268
3,745 results
All reviews radisson hotel eyre square lough atalia outdoor jacuzzi thermal suite city centre buffet breakfast modern hotel few minutes walk visiting galway top class galway bay marinas ireland pubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2022

Stayed two nights in early August. Location is excellent as its only a couple of minutes stroll to Eyre Square and close to train and bus station. Bedroom was large, clean and comfortable. Good choice of cooked breakfast options, the continental options were more limited. Pool and hottub were a welcome relaxing break from the tourist sightseeing activities. While the hotel was very busy the staff were still very accommodating and friendly.

Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 4 August 2022 via mobile

I last visited this primely located hotel when it was the Radison: we chose to return for 3 nights in Aug 2022 as we remembered great river views and a super spa experience: :) this time was sadly disappointing. Perhaps (in clemency) due to being directly post race week, the hotel felt stale and tired . (Look up and check out the vast dusty forgotten area directly above reception that could so easily be a celestial heaven of flowers and planting)(the atrium is listed as a feature ) and the (grotty) flowerless entrance between the spa and main hotel ). The property and environs needs a visit from Mother Nature. It’s noughties/ colorless and could be so much better, with some TLC given it’s great location. Breakfast was good quality and staff very friendly. (Shane Ryan in reception charming and efficient). Our TV kept changing itself :) We were intimated to stay in a king bed but this actually consisted of twins joined together creating a valley of discontent. We think that powdered Nescafé for room coffee is much below par for Galmonts price point. Sadly disappointing but with many easy fixes.

Room tip: The jacuzzi switches off every 5 mins : very unnecessary and annoying :
Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 1 August 2022

We waited here for one night & it was a very relaxing stay. Check in was quick & when I booked the hotel I told them it was our wedding anniversary & they had a lovely card & treats in the room for us on arrival which I was very impressed with. Our room was a corner room and was quite far from reception (459) but it was very quiet and it had two large windows which let in plenty of light. The bed was very large & very comfortable & the room was very clean.
We didn’t eat in the restaurant or use the bar as we ate in the city but we had breakfast brought to our room the next morning & it arrived right on our requested time & it was huge & very good.
We used the thermal suite & it was lovely, clean, relaxing & we wished we had more time to stay in it. The pool was also very nice. It was warm, spacious & not too deep. The outdoor hot tub was an added extra & nice to use on a wet day.
Overall, I would definitely wait in this hotel again. It is pricey so you expect good service which I feel we got. Only negative thing I can say is paying for the car park. I think it should be free for guests.

Reviewed 30 July 2022

We can’t wait to get back to stay in the Galmont hotel …Such an amazing stay! Kids love their great swimming pool, fresh & tasty breakfast is a lovely day to start your day. Staff very accommodating, friendly & helpful. Rooms very clean & comfy. Only minutes away from the Eyre Square Centre; which is ideal. Couldn’t recommend enough. Thank You so much. We will be back soon :)

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2022 via mobile

After spending 9 days in Ireland, our last stop was Galway and we stayed 2 nights at the Galmont.
Upon checking in at 5 pm, we had to wait AN HOUR for our room to be ready. Once admitted to our room, we realized the A/C didn’t work well so the room was always too warm. There was gum embedded in the carpet, and the shower was not water tight at all so the bathroom floor flooded with each shower. The worst part however, was the fact that there was NO ELECTRICAL OUTLET anywhere near a mirror. Thus, to dry my hair or use my curling iron, I had to leave the building to go to the fitness center’s women’s locker room. The front desk said they would deliver a portable mirror to use near an outlet in our room but they never did.
It’s unfortunate that this was our last stop after having stayed in so many other lovely hotels.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank V980KLelizabeths
Galmont Hotel, Other at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear V980KLelizabeths,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us.

We always welcome feedback in every form and use this to provide a better service to all our guests.

I would like to apologise for the delay you experienced at check-in. On the day you checked-in with us we did experience a delay in guests checking-out, therefore we encountered a slight delay in getting rooms back for our arriving guests. I do assure you this is not our true standard and I am sorry if you felt let down by this delay.

I also would like to apologise that the AC unit was not working to your satisfaction and assure you we will follow up on your comments.

Regarding the electrical outlet, unfortunately due to Irish regulation we are not permitted to have electrical sockets in the bathroom for health and safety reasons.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the near future to better serve you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to assist you with future bookings.

Kindest regards,