2,894 results
All reviews the radisson blu a business class room eyre square lough atalia outdoor jacuzzi breakfast buffet thermal suite modern hotel city centre standard room shop street bar food visiting galway galway bay top class marinas ireland
Reviewed 14 July 2018

We stayed at the Galmont Hotel for two nights while on a CIE Tour of Ireland. It's location which is several blocks from city center and fine amenities make it a great stop for both tourists and business travelers. The rooms were both super clean and comfortable and "wifi" connectivity was not an issue. Their morning buffet breakfast is exceptional and the bar is a nice place for some pleasant and informative conversation in the afternoon or evening. The entire staff was highly professional and really went out of their way to make our stay a memorable one.

Overall this is a first rate hotel which will provide a comfortable and relaxing stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoeG_52
TheGalmontGalway, General Manager at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Joe,

Thank you for staying with us at The Galmont.

I'm very happy that you had a pleasant, relaxing stay with us, and enjoyed our breakfast, service and amenities.

I hope that you will return to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

A stylish hotel with an excellent breakfast although they had run out of a number of dishes. Room clean and bright with all the usual facilities including 2 bottles of water which, surprisingly, isn’t always supplied. A very short walk to Quay St where all the craic and restaurants are.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank onon
TheGalmontGalway, General Manager at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear onon,

Thank you for staying at The Galmont and for taking time to leave us a review.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, including our breakfast, and I hope that you will return to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This was a beautiful place! Peaceful and relaxing... the breakfast was absolutely delicious! We upgraded our room for air conditioner. Took a long time to get food and pay bill at restaurant, but food was delicious!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Linda,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor.

I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast. I appreciate your feedback regarding the restaurant, which has been taken on board.

I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

In room 1293 now
No air con
Lift smells of piss
220€ a night
A dump
Pure crap
In room now
A waste of my hard earned money
But who cares
Got to get to 200 characters
I will keep going till I do
Still not at 200

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joseph d

Dear Joseph,

I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment with your stay. We have a full experienced housekeeping team who ensure that the hotel is always kept to a high standard of cleanliness, so I'm surprised and disappointed to read your comments regarding the lift. Indeed some of our rooms do not have air con, but we aim to make this very clear during the booking process.

I do hope that you aired your concerns during your stay so that we had an opportunity to rectify them. Nonetheless I am looking into your comments.

I hope that you will return to stay with us again in future so that we can redeem these issues.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Overall the hotel was very nicely appointed, clean, and the staff was friendly. I was greatly dissapointed when it came to accommodating my sons allergies despite the assurance when we called in advance of our stay. The long and the short of it was the chef stated they were too busy to prepare something that my son could eat as they had a few tour groups in the hotel that morning. This is the worst response of any hotel or restaurant has ever given us in our many travels over the past 16 years. I am embarrassed for them and encourage anyone with allergies or food restrictions to find another hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank bk22222018

Dear bk,

We always strive to cater to our guests' dietary requirements, therefore I am concerned to read your comments regarding your son's allergies during your time with us. Could I please ask you to email us more details regarding your request and experience to dining@thegalmont.com?