2,909 results
All reviews the radisson blu a business class room eyre square lough atalia outdoor jacuzzi breakfast buffet thermal suite modern hotel city centre standard room few minutes walk shop street bar food visiting galway galway bay top class marinas
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Second time staying here - good location close to the city centre, nice rooms and leisure centre. Breakfast a little limited but good overall - didn't eat food in the hotel in the evening so cannot comment on the restaurant quality or service. Front of house service friendly and helpful with suggestions.

Would recommend.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind review. It is great to hear you would be happy to recommend the hotel to others, this means a lot to us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Galway very soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Radisson in Galway for 2 nights room only last summer (around the end of July I think) - had to wait for my anger to abate before I reviewed! We're on a tight budget and had done our research for a place to stay very carefully (the usual googling, weighing up quality, price and of course the trusty Tripadvisor reviews!).The Radisson was at the pricier end of our options but being from Galway myself and knowing its central location, I felt that we should treat ourselves and go a step up from a budget hotel. The communal areas, as other people have commented, are nice and the location is very good. I can't review the food as we were staying room only and didn't eat in the hotel. Staff during the two nights of our stay were fine; not the most friendly but not the rudest either. The pool area was nice; not the spa style but more along the usual blue-and-white tiles, child-friendly pool style - functional enough. Our room was small quite adequate; I think here you're paying for central location rather than nice decor or the standard of the hotel.

However, our whole stay was ruined by the aftermath of our visit. We headed back home to Cork on the Sunday afternoon and it was only on the Monday evening when, unpacking my bag, I realised that I left my GHD hair straightener behind. Now as most other girls will know, this was expensive enough (200 euro approx.) and I used it practically every morning so obviously I was eager to get it back. So I rang the hotel straight away, explained to the person on the desk who said that they'd check the lost and found and call me back. Now, knowing that this hotel has a good reputation and also knowing that it's at the pricier end of the market, I was pretty sure that it would have been handed in (and that I'd be able to be safely reunited with it!) IWhen they said that it hadn't been handed in, I was completely baffled. I know exactly where in the room I left it (in my moment of forgetfulness) - in plain view on the table in front of the mirror, completely visible to anyone who walked in. Obviously, I felt that it MUST have been handed in and that they was simply a breakdown in communication amongst the hotel staff. The next week was a totally disappointing and utterly frustrating series of calls from me to the hotel. All I wanted my my GHD back; I wasn't fishing for freebies or anything! I spoke with several different people on the phone, having to repeat my situation each time as often the person whose name I had been given to speak with was unable to come to the phone (or else just didnt want to take my call, both reception staff and at least 2 different duty managers .Now, much to my dismay, I cant recall the name of one duty manager in particular whom I ended up speaking with the the most (it was a man, I remember that much) but I can only say that his attitude was really inconsiderate and completely the opposite to customer-focused. My point was that a member of housekeeping would have been the first person into our room after we'd left and that they DEFINITELY could not have missed my GHD as it was out beside the hairdryer which would have been replaced into its original position. Im obviously not blaming any particular member of staff but it's pretty obvious that no hotel guest would have had access to the room before housekeeping. This duty manager wasn't at all apologetic or sympathetic; he immediately went on the defensive, said it wasn;t the hotel's fault and that basically it was just my tough luck and 'what did I expect them to do about it'?

Now I am not at all one of those people who's good at complaining about service or demands a lot, but having repeatedly told him how disappointed I was and only getting his completely unhelpful attitude in return, I felt I had no alternative than to ask to speak with his supervisor.He again went on the complete defensive and said that no manager was available to speak with me and that anyway,they wouldn't be able to do anything for me now that my GHD was gone.

I found this whole experience really frustrating and just want to out it out there that any hotel which treats its customers in such an uncaring and unhelpful way really isn't deserving of a good reputation. We had spent our (scarce, as always!) money on this trip and really were hoping to have a nice weekend in (what Id heard was) a good hotel with a touch of luxury. Our stay was completely ruined and it was a big inconvenience to be without a GHD after the trip. I think it's a very bad sign of the way a hotel is managed if its staff members, including management, exhibit such an unhelpful attitude. I would be afraid to stay in a Radisson hotel after this experience as I think it raises doubts about security and also would just find it hard to give a hotel chain repeat business when this trip was so disappointing.

Please think twice about booking this hotel, and if you do, be verrrry careful with your belongings whilst there.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Maria D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us last summer. As a female I understand how precious our gizmos and gadgets can be and completely understand your frustration with the loss of your GHD. All I can do now nearly one year on, is to apologise whole heartedly on behalf of the management team if you felt we let you down. Our intention is never to upset or disappoint our customers but to provide 100% Guest Satisfaction. We appreciate that guests are spending their hard earned money with us and we certainly do not want you to walk away from the hotel dissatisfied. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, even though this review comes some time after the fact, we can still learn from our mistakes.

Should you wish to stay with us in future, I would be delighted to show you the true hospitality we are known for.

jennifer.duggan@radissonblu.com

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I've stayed here twice for work and loved it both times.
I can give nothing apart from compliments. A very comfortable and modern bedroom with all the facilities you would expect. Free wiFi, a great pool and spa facilities including an outdoor hot tub!. Fantastic location near the centre of town and superb food and friendly staff. I have to stay in a lot of hotels for work and I can easily find fault after a few stays somewhere, but this one is just perfect.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

It's wonderful to see that some months on you are still loved up with the Radisson Blu! Thank you for your fantastic comments and for taking the time to write about your experience.

I hope you will make Valentine’s Day and annual occasion in Galway.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Stayed here with my boyfriend over valentines and really was top class! Fromm the service to the food to the leisure area, everything was perfect and everyone we met was very friendly and helpful to us. We really enjoy the outside jacuzzi that was a bonus! Breakfast was suberb! Everything to choose from, fresh breads, hot food, omlettes..the works! Perfect location to the city also. Would really recommend this hotel on a visit to the city!!!

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments and for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Ireland. It means a lot to us to know our guests are happy with our facilities and service.

We hope you had a wonderful trip and perhaps we will see you back in Galway in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

We spent the weekend here at the end of May and were fortunate to be upgraded to a beautiful suite with a balcony overlooking the river. Wow, what a room!!
The hotel had the best buffet breakfast we had in all of our tour around Ireland. Interesting variety of hot and cold foods-my husband loved the fruit smoothie. We went early as the hotel was full and had no problem getting a table.
The location was less than a 10 minute walk to the city centre. We took part in a walking tour, a perfect way to get to know the city. Had a great time in Galway and would recommend the Radisson Blu for future stays.

Date of stay: May 2012