“St Patricks weekend break!!”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Dublin, Ireland
“St Patricks weekend break!!”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

My husband, four year old and myself travelled to Galway on th 17th March for two nights. We got a great deal with the Radisson Blu. They had a Paddys Weekend special for two nights B&B. The hotel is 5 mins walk from the train and bus stations. Also only 5 mins from Eyre Square. Very central. We had two wonderful meals in the hotel. The food was very good. There was an early bird option. The staff were so friendly and couldnt do enough for you. The spa and pool are brilliant!! A big pool great to tire out a four year old!!! We really had a lovely weekend and I would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone. I will certaintly be back!!!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Babsy68
Galwayradissonblu, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review of our hotel.
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your family weekend getaway.
It is always great to hear that the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway has something to offer all the family.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best regards,
Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
Trim, Ireland
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed at the hotel quite awhile back with my boyfriend, never got around to actually writing the review, even though I always do. The hotel is great, the architecture is impressive. Hotel is very clean, you want to be careful though if you are a girl, not to wear a skirt when travelling in the lift! (glass lift) :) The rooms are quite spacious and very bright. The bar has a nice atmosphere, although we only had couple of drinks there, the prices weren't very high. The only thing is (as for myself) that the entrance to the hotel is a bit in the back, therefore I'd be scared to walk alone in the dark. As far as the car park goes, I am not sure, but we did pay quite a lot for it and after paying we were informed we could have gotten it validated. After all i'd still go back.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SeekingForExcellence
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review on our hotel.
We were delighted to read that both you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for the great review of the Hotels Architecture. The Radisson Blu strives to be rich in design and style, with contemporary furniture, interiors, architecture so your comments are very much appreciated.
We hope to see you again soon.
Best regards,
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I'm very lucky to have the Radisson Blu as my company's preferred hotel in Galway. I sleep better here than nearly anywhere in the world, probably because the hotel windows open and the breezes off the bay are lovely.

The rooms are spacious, clean, updated and the beds are very comfortable. Room service is good with lots of 24 hour selections. The restaurants are excellent from the breakfast buffet and Market lunch to the very special dinners. I also became a major fan of the scones in the Atrium Lounge. No wonder none of my clothes fit anymore!

I was here over St. Paddy's Day and the hotel was buzzing! I've also stayed here during Christmas and during the World Series of Poker. No matter how full the hotel is, the service is always impeccable. This staff is friendly, knowledgable and go out of their way to make you feel like home. I arrived to a beautiful bottle of chilled white wine (with fresh ice - how do they do that?) and a nice selection of cupcakes.

I was here long enough this trip to get a massage in the spa, which was nice. Not like the fabulous Camelback Spa in Phoenix but nice enough to relieve some back pain. I always enjoy the thermal spa - just right for warming up no matter what the weather.

Don't hesitate - this is a great hotel and I always breathe a little deeper here!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water if possible
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LuAnn7777
Galwayradissonblu, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review, we were delighted to read you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway.
Thank you for your comments, it means a lot to us that you would take the time to share your experience with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sales Manager
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway.
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Stayed here, very nice room, but very little atmosphere. Mostly business clientele. Although the bar was very tranquil setting. The reception staff were very efficient but no personal touch.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leanne r
Dear Guest,
Thank you sincerely for spending time writing about your experience here in the Radisson Blu, Hotel and Spa, Galway.
Thank you for the positive comments about your room and the Atrium Bars tranquil setting.
I apologize that you left our hotel with a negative feeling regarding the service.
We pride ourselves in delivering the highest standard of service and product, but obviously we did not meet your expectations during this time. I do hope you trust me when I say that these issues will be used in the re-training of the front of house staff as this issue is personally extremely important to our business.
I can ensure you we are continually working on staff training and aim for 100% Guest Satisfaction at all times. I hope that you will return to the Radisson in future and let us show you how important your business and custom is to us.
Galway
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed here in December 2011. Although the hotel was very busy with Christmas parties the service and staff demeanour didn't suffer. Gentleman on check on was very efficient and friendly. Room service dining was excellent. No big delay and the food was piping hot.

The room I was in looked onto a flat roof which was littered with cigarette butts even though the rooms are all non smoking. This could do with being cleaned. Other than this the room was perfectly comfortable, big bed, flatscreen tv and plenty of lights. Very clean and spacious. Residents bar was great!

Gentleman in the car park was very nice even when I mislaid my ticket.

I will definitely return to this hotel again, it ticked all the right boxes for a comfortable, quiet stay and excellent amenities.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for spending the time to write this review of our hotel. We were delighted to read you enjoyed your stay. I wish to apologise for the cigarette butts on the flat roof taking away from your view, unfortunately, though this is a non smoking hotel, on occasion cigarette butts are thrown from the outdoor area on level 5. Thank you for letting us know about this area which needs improvement.
We look forward to welcoming back soon.