“Have the fish and chips !”

The Front Door Sonny's Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 537 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2017

We had 3 different lunch dishes. The fish and chips were amazing. Extremely fresh fish ! Delicious. We choose this place becasuse it was wheelchair accessible, many of the other places we looked at were not. Having had the food I am very glad we did.

1  Thank gk-lommel

Reviewed 28 October 2017

I visited this place at about 8pm on a quiet Tuesday night in Galway. I had heard good things about The Front Door, so I decided to try it out myself before dragging friends along. It's the sign of a well-run place when you are greeted the moment you walk through the door, and I felt welcome. The ambience was warm and musical, with a nice mix of local and tourist custom. I got a quiet table in one of the many niches and corners in this interesting pub, and was waited upon immediately by a friendly Galway girl. "Get the steak, it's lovely!", she said, so I did. It was indeed lovely, properly cooked and well-presented, and a bit of a shock such a good dish could be had for less than €20 these days. Needless to say, The Front Door is a place I will return to, and I will drag my friends along!

1  Thank PaulMcLock
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

I ordered the burger here 8oz, and it was gorgeous. Good price for the amount of food you get. Would highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Lee F
Reviewed 24 October 2017

My husband and I stumbled upon this great bar in Galway. Looking for lunch and maybe a spot of Irish Coffee (that stuff is addicting and it was cold outside) we happened upon "The Front Door". It is a little like falling down Alice's Rabbit Hole and the place is not one bar but a lot of bars, all really nice, there is a whisky bar and gin bar and bars upstairs and downstairs. I cannot imagine what is is like to work there because people sit where they please and the wait staff finds you. The food was oh so good and the ambiance was great. I know this is obviously some kind of place to hang out and enjoy good food, good drink and friendship. We were there for lunch but the television promoted all kinds of things happening at the Front Door. Oh do I wish I was close to Galway right now, because I have a hankering for their soup and bread. If you are anywhere near High Street open the door to this wonderful spot, you WILL find something you want here!

1  Thank MillboroGirl
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

There were ten of us today , five kids and five adults . We were quickly seated at the bar whilst we waited for a table. The bar is like a twisty curly weaving den, you often get a small space for your table and there are several bars.
We had lunch.
They were great with the kids spending hours on the choosing of lunch dishes and service was patient and friendly. I’d give the Guinness 8/10 - it has that structured head was smooth and very good but not as good as the local near us. Kids loved the food

1  Thank Chimsterckh