“Delicious Indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2015

My husband and I enjoyed a delicious meal here. We have eaten at many Indian restaurants. I have to say this restaurant had the best saag paneer I've ever had! My husband had the mixed tandoori grill and loved it. Their portions are generous and service was good. If you like Indian food and are in the Galway area, give this restaurant a try!

1  Thank muktravels

Reviewed 7 May 2015

Went to Galway for a one-night/two-day trip and my ethnicity makes me find an Indian Restaurant wherever I go. Out comes Google and voila...there it is...Eastern Tandoori!!
For some reason, I wasn't very convinced with the name but still a man has got to eat :) and it was the only place in the vicinity.
There was another by the name Kashmir, but it looked pretty expensive. So I ended up going to ET, and to my utter surprise, it was entirely different than what I had imagined. Amazing ambience, perfect lighting made me hope that the food was as good as the restaurant! As it turns out, the food was much better than I had hoped for and the staff was the best I have ever encountered in any restaurant I have ever visited in any country. Jahir is a delightful man and looking at him going & talking to the customers, made me realise the itrue meaning of personalised service to customers!
A delightful place to visit, which made my one super-chilly evening in Galway totally worth-it!
Definitely recommended, must go place - I know I will if I visit Galway again!
Cheers!

1  Thank Abhishek G
Reviewed 6 May 2015 via mobile

We just had two main courses with some sides
Excellent pieces of chicken I like to see that in my main courses
The platter plate with a mix of chicken/ Lamb / leg of chicken on a bed of onion
Served with a beautiful sauce it was really well cooked and presented
Nice wine selection and good value too
We will be back

1  Thank Joe C
Reviewed 5 May 2015

a near perfect dining experience, lovely ambiance, delicious food, friendly, capable and accomodating staff, Raheem is a sound man, will definitely go back next time i am in galway

1  Thank Ken W
Reviewed 8 April 2015 via mobile

Recommended by a local couple I got talking to with a friend at a pub around the corner. We were debating a few local indian restaurants but always good to get some inside advice.

Anyway. Restaurant in nice enough, comfortable seating and welcoming friendly staff.

The food, well the menu is as you would expect at an indian restaurant with it having all the favourites as well as a varied selection of lesser known dishes.

They were happy to make anything to suit in terms of spice so that was good to hear. Manager was really enthusiastic and clearly liked seeing customers enjoying the food.

All in all, a pleasant meal, reasonable pricing and a warm, welcoming atmosphere.

1  Thank CalM86