“Wonderful Birthday Dinner”

Ranked #67 of 540 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$22 - US$33
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: French food, wine bar (over 80 different types of French wines coming from small vineyards), cheese and cured meat platters, fresh local lobster, fish tank, open late every day. Food served until midnight Established in 2011,offer you French home style cuisine. Influenced by the rich culture we come from of food together with great wines. The idea here in Rouge is sharing.
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Love Rouge! Second time at the restaurant and wasn't disappointed. We had a large table but were well looked after. The chocolate fondant is cooked to order and does take a bit of time so don't be shocked/annoyed if you order it. Will definitely return again soon!

1  Thank Scalatron

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Each time we visit Galway we make sure to go to Rouge for dinner! It’s like stepping into France for what can only be described as a a wonderful setting and delicious dinner. The staff are attentive and efficient- all of whom are French. Fabienne does an amazing job and creates a lovely warm atmosphere. The food is freshly made each day which is obvious and each amuse bouche is filled with flavor, as for the steak - perfection. They have a great guy who plays piano who really adds to the relaxing atmosphere. We are already looking forward to our next visit.

3  Thank Neasa S
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Someone I spoke with about Rouge said dismissively that “it’s not much of a restaurant.” I was concerned about my choice, but went ahead with the reservation I’d booked months in advance of my Ireland holiday. Yes, the menu is limited. Depending on which menu you choose, you’ll be limited to beef, fish or lobster, or one of the vegetarian selections. If you need pages of creative spins on chicken, squab, rabbit, veal, lamb or organ meats it’s not a good choice. I chose the filet with pepper sauce from the “Menu Montmartre” and was very satisfied with my meal. A tender well cooked filet with very good pepper sauce, preceded by a chef’s “amuse bouche” presentation, and finished with a wonderful opera cake. As I was dining alone, I was limited to wines by the glass, and tried a couple from the available options. The servers were helpful in their suggestions about which wine I might enjoy. The service was attentive, and it sounded like everyone had just arrived from France last week (though one of the servers admitted she’d been in Galway over 10 years). The ambiance is warm, cozy, intimate. It was a lovely evening, a tasty & satisfying meal, and a delightful little slice of Paris in Galway.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Great food. Great service.Great wine
We had a fabulous meal here last night and will return when next in Galway. I always book ahead as it can be very busy and is easy to do via their website. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

We (6 ladies) had been out of town all day and were hoping for a sit down warm dinner, but kept getting turned away about 915 on a Saturday Evening. The waitress at Oscars advised us to check out Rouge, and we were very surprised! The ambiance was amazing, cozy, romantic, and the piano was delightful! We had to wait about 20 minutes for some tables to get up, but we ended up having an amazing dinner, wine, and conversation. I will be back next time I am in Galway!

1  Thank cmantone