Review Highlights
Best Tour Ever!

Our tour with Phil was hands down the best tour experience I have ever had! I highly recommend... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
AmyMSeid
via mobile
Amazing Day Trip

Reviewed 29 May 2022
lolabana
Omaha, Nebraska
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Galway
from US$635.42
from US$63.65
from US$37.13
from US$72.13
More Info
All reviews killary harbour connemara area day trip kylemore abbey poulnabrone dolmen beautiful scenery driver guide connemara tour aran islands patrick interests sights elva ireland moher cliffs countryside
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 May 2022 via mobile

We had an amazing time driving around the Connemara area with Darren. He was informative and entertaining, a perfect mix. He suggested some stops that were more impressive than a few of the places that I had picked out. We are so lucky to have gotten Darren for our driver and guide. I also love that this company does not stick to a strict schedule. There is a lot of flexibility in what to see, including our suggestions with amazing suggestions by our guide.

Date of experience: May 2022
Reviewed 9 November 2021 via mobile

I did two full day tours, the ultimate Burren and the ultimate Connemara, with Elva. I had an amazing time. Elva was fun, knowledgeable and designs the tours around your interests. The Burren tour highlights included Poulnabrone Dolmen, Caherconnell Fort, Kilfenora Church & celtic crosses, the Burren, Black Head Drive, the Cliffs of Moher and visits to an artisanal chocolate and cheese manufacturers. The landscape was spectacular and lunch in a Doolin pub was excellent. The Connemara tour also had highlights, such as Kylemore Abbey, Inagh Valley, Leeane and Killary Harbour, but the focus is primarily the wild beautiful scenery. Elva also gave me very helpful suggestions for my trip to the Aran Islands. Thank you Elva for two very memorable days.

Date of experience: September 2021
1  Thank Traveller376
Reviewed 11 September 2021 via mobile

Ireland West provided us a fantastic tour of The Connemara area in beautiful western Ireland. Our driver, Patrick, met us promptly at our apartment, and took us for a wonderful ride in a very comfortable small van and explained the history and details of this breathtaking countryside. We had indicated places we wanted to see and he customized the time and locations for us. He even recommended an awesome restaurant for lunch which we thoroughly enjoyed. We would utilize Ireland West again should we have the opportunity to visit.

Date of experience: September 2021
Reviewed 3 December 2019

My wife and I decided to book a private tour with Jim after doing research. We definitely did not want to content with the crowds at specific tourist areas nor did we want to take a Coach. Jim showed us incredible sights and have us the chance to sample local cheese and fudge. We saw the Cliffs of Moher from a different location than most Coach tours which really enhanced the whole experience. His ability to answer basically every question we had was uncanny and we could not have asked for a better day. I would highly recommend Jim to anyone!

Date of experience: August 2019
2  Thank ryanb726
Jim P, Owner at Ireland West Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2019

Many thanks for such nice comments. It was lovely having you both and I really do hope that we meet again in the West of Ireland. Jim

Reviewed 29 October 2019

We toured with Jim Parslow and Ireland West Tours for two days in September. Everything about our time with Jim was terrific!

Starting with his response to my e-mail when we were planning our trip, Jim was so helpful. He responded promptly with information about how he could help make our plans for traveling from Cork to Galway work and see sights along the way. We did not want to rent a car and navigate the roads from Cork to Galway so Ireland West Tours was the perfect answer! For an additional fee, Jim traveled from Galway to Cork to pick us up. It was well worth it!!!

We told Jim in advance what we wanted to see the first day and he laid out the perfect itinerary so that we could see everything we requested along the way including the Ennis Friary, the Cliffs of Moher, the Poulnabrone Dolmen, and the Hazel Mountain Chocolate factory along with a couple other sites. Despite the rain, we had a wonderful day!

The second day we wanted to tour Connemara and left all the planning to Jim. We spent a full day seeing beautiful scenery and sites throughout Connemara. An absolutely spectacular day.

Jim is an excellent tour guide, and even more, he is a warm, friendly, kind gentleman with a great sense of humor. Jim's knowledge of the area enabled us to see places and learn things that we would not have on our own. We thoroughly enjoyed the two days that we spent touring with him. If you are looking for a private tour guide in the west of Ireland, I highly recommend Ireland West Tours and Jim Parslow!

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank jenroths
Jim P, Owner at Ireland West Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2019

Thank you very much for your very kind words. It was my pleasure to go to Cork for you and transfer you to Galway via The Burren and the Cliffs of Moher. I thoroughly enjoyed the couple of days with you and hopefully, we will meet again som day. Jim