Review Highlights
The best way to see the coast!

My wife and I decided to book a private tour with Jim after doing research. We definitely did not... read more

Reviewed 3 December 2019
ryanb726
Fabulous Two Days Touring With Ireland West Tours!

We toured with Jim Parslow and Ireland West Tours for two days in September. Everything about our... read more

Reviewed 28 October 2019
jenroths
Englewood, Colorado

Recommended experiences in and around Galway
from US$692.71
from US$72.48
from US$42.28
from US$60.40
More Info
All reviews private tour perfect answer jim connemara sights knowledge roads ireland itinerary moher cliffs cork coast
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 September 2016

Traveling with my husband, adult son and his college friend, we had 2 days in Galway, and only one to go sightseeing outside of town. I booked a day trip with Jim Parslow, and am so glad I did! Jim was punctual, kind, knowledgeable, and very perceptive in his ability to know just what would appeal to us as a group. While Jim did the driving, we were able to see the fantastic scenery, and he kept us entertained with his stories, history, and knowledge. Oh, did I mention he loves to take photographs, so no need for selfies, Jim takes all of the pictures, all you have to do is smile! We went places we never would have found, heard unique stories from people we never would have met, and had a fabulous day! Thank-you Jim, and stay well.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

My husband and I just returned from a month long vacation of Ireland and the UK and took many private tours. Jim's full day tour was by far the best of the best! Jim's passion for the area and sense of humor was evident as he shared his knowledge of history and folklore. He knew backroads and magical places that you'd never see a tour bus. He allowed us to set the pace and was so accommodating as I often asked to stop and photograph the amazing scenery. If we had known how wonderful a day with Jim would be, we would have booked another day as well. Book well in advance so you don't miss out on this experience!

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

We travelled with another couple and had found Jim through TripAdvisor and booked him months ago. Could not heap enough praise or support of all the positive comments already posted. We had amazing weather which increased the choices that he gave us and for 2 full days, we saw everything we could have wanted and more. Jim knew all the places to go both on and off the beaten trail, he called ahead to determine the best timing for events requiring tickets or reservations or meal planning (great choices for pub meals) and provided us with insights into dinner and music after dropping us off at our B&B in Galway. Just a GREAT experience overall with a most delightful, knowledgeable and charming man.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

We toured with Jim of Ireland West Tours and are so glad we did. He was prompt and organized. He suggested that we see the Cliffs of Moher from the water, and it was a wonderful experience. He took us to places we would never have seen on our own. The two 18-year olds traveling with us loved it all. Each new experience was their favorite. Thanks so much for a wonderful day.

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank barbarabN3523JJ
Reviewed 6 July 2016

Jim was just wonderful. We booked a full day with a pickup in Galway and a drop-off at Dromoland. We were also traveling with our Son and he dropped him off at the Train back to Dublin. Jim was a great story teller and rather then me having to drive I was able to sit back and enjoy the wonderfull scenery we drove through. He was flexible to our wants and needs and showed us sights there were no way I would find by my self. He was reasonably priced . I would highly recommend him as an alternate to renting a car or even taking a bus tour. And Jim is also a photographer and took pictures of us all along the way as well as pointing out the best places to take photos.

Date of experience: July 2016