8 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$139
StayForLong
Hurb
Agoda.com
5,420 results
All reviews galway bay harvest cafe dan murphy top class sea view wedding venue leisure centre kids club wedding reception would highly recommend this hotel from start to finish staff were so friendly fantastic hotel food was lovely last weekend both nights enjoyable stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 November 2022 via mobile

We stayed overnight in the Galway Bay Hotel while visiting the Galway Christmas Market. Had stayed a few years back in this hotel but am disappointed to say that standards have dropped. On entering the room there was an unpleasant smell from the bathroom like the floor had been cleaned with a less than fresh mop. The room was basic but otherwise clean and comfortable. We ordered Irish coffee in the bar, the bar attendant took 20inutes to produce them having had to bin the first effort and offered no apology for the delay while we stood at the bar waiting. The breakfast experience was OK tasty eggs and Sausages, but it took a special talent to produce the very unpleasant tasteless and slimy mushrooms and tomatoes. The tea took over 20 minutes to arrive at the table and was served in a coffee pot giving an underlying coffee flavour to the tea. The stay was fine for an overnight but had higher expectations from previous visit and disappointingly wouldn't rush back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Galway Bay Hotel Management, Owner at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2022

Dear 759orlar,

We were very sad to see your review following your recent stay with us here. We always strive to deliver excellence in service and can only apologise that on this occasion we failed to meet those standards.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further. I have attempted to contact you but, to date, have not managed to reach you. However, I would still welcome the chance to discuss this further with you so please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Reviewed 25 November 2022

I don’t usually write reviews but I have to give credit where it’s due. My family and I popped in for a meal in the bar a couple of nights ago. As we walked in we noticed it was extremely busy but almost immediately we were spotted by Serena who without me even asking grabbed a high chair for my son and menus for us all straight away. She seemed to be juggling a lot at once as I didn’t notice any other staff for the first while. She went back and forth from seating and chatting with customers to serving drinks behind the bar many of times, she seemed to be under a lot of pressure but certainly didn’t let it get the better of her. When she came over to take our order she was very accommodating and professional and although might’ve been a little stressed she took her time to converse with us and was so friendly! She continued to check on us through out the evening and anything we needed or asked seemed no problem. The hotel in itself has a lovely homely feeling to it. To top it all off our meal was lovely. I Couldn’t fault our dining experience and would like to thank Serena for her amazing service and attention to the job.

Date of stay: November 2022
Galway Bay Hotel Management, Owner at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2022

Dear Shelley D,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Galway Bay Hotel. I will certainly pass your praise on to the whole team and most especially to Serena. I am sure they will be delighted too.

I look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the future!

Reviewed 24 November 2022

Saoirse and Andrea in the Harvest Cafe brighten my day when my friends and myself go for our morning coffee. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Thank you girls. They also looked after us in the Barista Bus.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Galway Bay Hotel Management, Owner at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2022

Dear Mary,

Thank you for your lovely review and your fabulous feedback on both Saoirse and Andrea and the amazing service they provide at the Barista and the Harvest Cafe. I will certainly pass your praise on to them and to the whole team. I am sure they will be delighted too.

We all look forward to welcoming you and your friends back soon again for your morning coffee.

Reviewed 24 November 2022 via mobile

Excellent stay in newly refurbished suite. Food and service top notch. Couples 2 night B&B stay with 1 evening meal. Friendly and helpful staff throughout, reception, dining room, leisure centre. Highly recommend

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear BrianO744,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Galway Bay Hotel and that you were so impressed with our recent guest room and bathroom refurbishments. Thank you also for your positive comments regarding the quality of food and the service in the hotel.

I will certainly pass your praise on to the whole team. I am sure they will be delighted too.

I look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the future!

Reviewed 23 November 2022

Great trip!!!Food Staff excellent. It was for my 60th Birthday , would like to Thank Both Jack & Sarah in the dinning room on Breakfast they couldn't do enough & nothing was too much trouble for them. Brilliant housekeeping & reception staff

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Galway Bay Hotel Management, Owner at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2022

Dear Carmel d,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your birthday celebrations here in Galway Bay Hotel. I will certainly pass your praise and kind words on to the whole team and especially to Jack and Sarah. I am sure they will be delighted too.

We all look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the future!