3,884 results
All reviewsgalway baythe lobster pot restaurantharvest cafedan murphytop classsea viewkids clubwedding receptionwedding venueleisure centrefrom start to finishrestaurant staffwould highly recommend this hotelgreat weekendstaff were so friendlyfood was lovelyfantastic hotel
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I met my friend here for wine and food and we sat on the balcony in the sunshine taking in the sea views. The service was amazing, they went above and beyond. Especially Imre who made us feel very welcome. Highly recommend a visit.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alison S
Dan M, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Alison ,

I am thrilled to hear that you and your friend enjoyed your evening here at the Galway Bay Hotel.

I will pass on your kind words to Imre.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I had dinner a few nights ago in the bar. The food was excellent and the service was too. We were waited on by the bar supervisor and he couldn’t have done more for us. Highly recommend and I’ll be back!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katehardiman

Dear Guest ,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide such a wonderful review- I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your meal here at The Galway Bay Hotel.

A good team who provide friendly and attentive service is vital to ensuring a perfect stay and I am extremely lucky to have such a wonderful team who go above and beyond for our guests. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to all the team .

Reviewed 15 July 2018

My family and I stayed at the Galway Bay Hotel recently during our tour of Ireland. While the hotel is listed as 4 stars, I would rate it more like a 3.5 due to the slightly tired condition of the rooms and common areas outside reception and the restaurant. The hotel is a bit of a walk or short drive from Galway's Latin Quarter, which is worth your time for food, drink and music. As explained below, what really made our stay worthwhile was the unexpectedly responsive and generous customer service.

Our first room smelled of smoke (the hotel being non-smoking) and was near a noisy exterior exhaust fan, precluding opening the window for ventilation, necessary due to the unusually warm weather and lack of air conditioning (apparently standard across most hotels in Ireland due to normally cool summers). Back to the front desk, I mentioned the issues to the receptionist and was met shortly thereafter by Marcin, the manager on duty. I explained my concerns with the first room and without missing a beat he invited me to inspect another room on the top floor. The second room was a vast improvement: no odor, very quiet and much cooler. What I did not immediately appreciate was that this was a suite with a second bedroom and view of the Bay. Obviously, a huge upgrade, which I gratefully accepted, thanking Marcin profusely for his consideration. As my family and I returned from the first room we intercepted Marcin delivering chilled wine. I can't think of a time I have been treated better by hotel staff, even at 5 star hotels. Marcin and the hotel are to be commended for their commitment to customer service and satisfaction.

Lastly, the buffet-style breakfast included with the room is a great amenity. The food was good and plentiful, served in a bright dining room (with busts of Roman emperors, a kitschy but fun touch), and very convenient before setting out for sight seeing. There is ample free parking in adjacent lots or under the building.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank TetraDrachm
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

So decided to take my wife away for a night looked up TripAdvisor and Galway bay seemed to be the nicest one! Well where to start!!
We arrived and was told had to wait to accommodation check over the room which I was impressed at the start. Went back up 20 mins later to be told no have to wait another while. Finally after 45 mins of a wait to got into our room. We decided to relax for a while. We then decided to go for a swim in the hotel and I have to say the pool facilities was lovely. So anyway decided to head to bar at 8.30 for food. We sat and sat and finally we over heard a staff member telling a lady with a child that there was no more food cos it was 9.05 and they stop at 9.00 so I decided to Google place around and the next hotel the salthill hotel serves bar food until 10 which I said to wife and we decided to go there. Food there was fabulous...
So anyway back to the Galway bay got up for breakfast the next morning was lovely so we decided to check out and stay on in galway for awhile as the weather was lovely. After awhile we decided to go back to the Galway bay for lunch. We arrived at 2.30 was told by a staff member that food isn't served in the bar until 3. We decided to wait around and have a drink. So my wife ordered soup and we both ordered chicken ceaser salad. The soup arrived and my wife said to me taste that (bear in mind she is a trained chef) she does this offen to see if I can pick up on what is wrong or right with Food!! Well the soup was burnt the taste of burnt was unbearable and we reckon the chef knew and decided to pile pepper into it to try and hide it. If my wife served this she would be ashamed of herself and bear in mind she would never serve anything not right!!
Chicken ceaser Salad were lovely.
So for a night away I wouldn't recommend it. The salthill hotel will be getting us the next time we stay in Galway

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank ger245
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on Saturday the 14th of July & chose the Galway Bay Hotel as we have stayed here before.

Again we thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

From the moment we checked in we were made feel very welcome & all members of staff that we interacted with were brilliant.

We got a Stunning room with the Biggest Bed & the most spectacular View - Super Bathroom with a Tropical Shower & it’s one of the nicest Hotel Rooms I’ve stayed in.

We had Dinner in the Restaurant and I had the most Beautiful Steak - Service was very good and attentive without being overbearing !

Had a nightcap in the Bar and this was completely renovated since we last visited & again a Super Job Done here.

I would love to mention all the great staff by name but there are too many to do that so we will say well done to all at the Hotel, you have a very well run operation in an absolutely Stunning location & keep up the good work !

We will definitely be back !

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank munster1Limerick

Dear Guest ,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide such a wonderful review- I’m thrilled to hear that you and your wife enjoyed all the elements of your stay.