All reviews eyre square great location bit dated train station central location hotel bar spent nights would stay again aran islands few minutes walk irish breakfast galway city pubs moher cliffs salthill
Reviewed 13 November 2015

Great little hotel in a great location! Staff is good and welcoming. Very quiet! Easy to access all parts of that lovely Galway town, pubs, shooing and cultural areas. Would recommend for anyone. Will come back.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

I have travelled the world and stayed in wonderful hotels. I have never been so disrespected in my life as I was at this hotel. Checked out a day early and was refused a refund without even questioning why I wanted to leave. They need a true lesson in customer service. Moved to the harbour and received beautiful service and treatment. You get what you pay for.

Stayed: November 2015
1  Thank Tour182213
Reviewed 11 November 2015

This hotel is in a perfect location, just off Eyre square. Did not have own parking but a discount was given to guests of the hotel in a nearby car park (cost €8/ day).
Rooms were very dated and staff weren't particularly friendly ( at reception or breakfast).
Breakfast was nice - hot food was not buffet style so was freshly cooked.

One of my biggest pet peeves - I selected a double bed on my booking and specified this again and I got 2 twin beds - which was pointless as I was staying alone!!!
Thank goodness I only had to be in galway for approx 12 hours. Galway city itself is beautiful but I wouldn't have lasted any longer in hotel.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2015 via mobile

That's about it. Seemed like a ghost hotel, one receptionist, one bartender/maintenance guy, this hotel was provided with our Irish Railtours vacation, no restaurant, toilet didn't flush, water taps not working, bar guy checked it out, we ended up moving to a different room, this is a real tired hotel with minimum staff, it is close to the square, very dark at night to try to find, glad we only stayed 1 night.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MisterMikeTheGreat
Reviewed 31 October 2015

Stayed here for one night last week with my grandaughter as we were on a shopping trip. The hotel is in a great location just near the train station and main shopping area. Check in was quick and friendly and got a twin room which was clean and comfortable. Big bathroom, lovely strong shower and plenty of towels. Beds comfortable and a big TV with loads of channels. Breakfast next morning cooked to order and plenty of cereal, fruit and breads and croissants. Hotel had a nice bar just off reception if you wanted a drink. The hotel could probably do with a bit of up dating and a little bit of TLC in places but for the deal we got and the location we were very happy. Small things like dirty window and no toilet roll holder and lights could have been a bit brighter in bedroom. We were able to leave our bags at reception next day when we went shopping and collected them in time for train.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family