1,692 results
All reviews car park shop street nice hotel few minutes walk per day hen party eyre square buffet style location is excellent breakfast was included stayed here for two nights central location would highly recommend this hotel spanish arch ireland hens euro
Reviewed 26 May 2018

The Harbour Hotel is conveniently located near the center of Galway, a mere three blocks to pubs, cultural activities, and shops. The rooms are nicely furnished and clean. The hotel staff is friendly and courteous, and very welcoming. The restaurant offers a varied menu that should please most guests. And there is a pub that offers lively entertainment. While next to the harbor, as the name implies, there wasn't a view of the bay, at least from my room. And it appeared that none of the other had rooms with a view.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael E
HarbourTeamGalway, Operations Manager at Harbour Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and in particular that you found the team to be helpful and friendly, this is the most important aspect of a quality experience.
Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards
Dominik Sietnik

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

The Harbour Hotel is very clean, well decorated and have nice rooms. They even had washcloths for Americans. The front desk staff is very helpful, even calling ahead for me on a tour to ensure I was headed to the right place. The hotel is about a 5 min walk to the heart of the tourist area and about 8 min to the train station. The location in terms walking is nice but it does feel a bit industrial. The breakfast provides a lot of options but the flavor is pretty bland. I cannot begin to tell you how annoying the music is in the breakfast area, we joked that they must do that to get us to eat quickly and leave. I can only describe it as techno elevator music. Our room was on the first floor and faced the road, which made for a lot of traffic noise. My last complaint is the beds are so hard and the linen scratchy, this is the only issue that may make me consider not coming back. All in all it was a very solid accommodation especially if a hard bed is up your alley.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank dakkinni
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of our tour of Ireland. The location in Galway is ideal, within walking distance to just about everything in town. The hotel offers free parking and there is a restaurant and bar on site as well. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stefanie S
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

We are just back from our hen party stay this weekend. We were extremely disappointed with the overall experience. The hotel location itself is great and the hotel is nice although rooms are nice but standard size. The breakfast was lovely each morning. Parking is €8 per night per car even when staying in the hotel, it’s a bit much especially when paying enough to stay in hotel.

When we arrived I asked the receptionist to double check the time of the cocktail class she called me and said 5:30 and that was fine. A member of the group was then told in the bar that one of the guys behind the bar would be running the class and it would be carried out inside the bar. This was then followed by a manager approaching the group and asking what time the cocktail class was originally booked for and the bride was sitting there! This ruined the surprise about the class. We were then all bundled into a little room for the “cocktail class” like we were in a conference. I was never told it would be in a little side room. Any cocktail class I’ve ever done has been in a bar as you would assume. The poor guy who ran the class Ronan was thrown on the spot 5 mins before the class and did his best. That class was booked 5 months ago so I don’t understand why a bartender was only told 5 mins before the class to prepare.

I had asked about using a side room for mr&mrs quiz previously but I was told it was €80 to rent for an hour or two which I didnt want to do as we had paid a lot already. So we were told that after I complained about the cocktail class that we could use free of charge. We had a few bottles of prosecco we had brought along and we were told we had to pay €7 corkage a bottle to drink them. After the mixup with cocktail class I thought this was a bit steep for the fact no one had to open them and serve as what corkage is for I did all of that. Not to mention we were buying food and drink in bar each day.

Day 2 we had the murder mystery event booked, the murder mystery went well in itself but the vegetarian option for the food was disgraceful. I had been in discussion with the murder on the menu managerand as discussed with the hotel a sample menu was sent with a few vegetarian option but on the night there was just one.The two vegetarians were handed a “vegetable curry” that had hardly anything in it. It was a disgrace and when my sister said to a manager and she said oh sorry and took the dinner away but never brought back a replacement so two people didn’t have a main.

As for Ronan the young bartender he was absolutely brilliant and did everything he could for us. He was put on the spot for cocktail class and he served us for murder on menu and also in the bar. He was running the bar himself And doing a great job.

Overall it was a poor experience for all of us and very disappointing in regard to customer service.

I wouldn’t advise the cocktail class just as it’s in a side room it’s like we were back in school. It felt more like a money making racket more than anything. The murder on menu activity itself was great but the food supplied by the hotel wasn’t great.

regards,
Shauna

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank shaunaw92
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Great location, 5 minutes walk from the main drag. Good size rooms and very clean. Helpful staff, good full buffet breakfast. Nice bar.
We were able to check in early which was great. Comfortable bed and basic toiletries in the bathroom.

Stayed: May 2018