“Best seafood chowder I've ever tasted”

Oscar's Seafood Bistro
Ranked #20 of 542 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$12 - US$62
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2017

A must go in Galway. They serve the best seafood chowder I've ever tasted. I enjoyed every spoon. The mussels are really good as well.

Date of visit: July 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,262)

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Excellent sea food restaurant plus other foods on the menu, early bird available. Not cheap but good for Galway, Euro100 for 2 starters, 2 mains and a decent bottle of wine. Really good atmosphere a real modern contemporary look & feel and a real buz from happy customers. We had the Hake which was amazing and monk fish both so well cooked and tasty. It gets busy for a reason so book for evening tables, customers were already queuing for the early bird menu. Splash the cash and enjoy a great evening.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Found on Google maps and definitely a great place to dine. Me and my boyfriend had only two courses but they were delicious and filling.
Fishcakes were mentioned in several reviews and I must agree that they're unquestionably yummy. My monkfish was equally tasty so as my boyfriend's choice: mussels.
The place looked pretty busy so worth booking a table. And even though we were quite late, the stuff was very friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend!!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Really great meal enjoyed at Oscars. Good atmosphere, super menu, lovely seafood! Good location just a short walk from the city centre.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Wonderful small restaurant tucked away near the harbor. Everything that my husband and I ordered was wonderful. We went on a weekday and were lucky to get in. Be sure to get reservations. Mussels were fabulous as was my husband's chowder. Leave room for dessert.