I really don't know what to make of some of the recent negative reviews. My brother and I have stayed in a lot of B&B's and we LOVED this place. Unless you're a "five-star hotel" type, I expect you will find it equally delightful.
1. Location, location, location. St. Martin's B&B is situated on a quiet lane just steps away from the shops, pubs and restaurants in Galway's vibrant city center.
2. Our bedroom and bathroom were SPOTLESS. Crisp white sheets, cheerful decor. Granted, the room was rather cramped because it held three beds instead of two. No big deal -- the third bed made a convenient stand for our suitcases.
3. Excellent breakfast. The charming breakfast room gives out to a well-tended garden with a nice view across a stone bridge to the city center. The clear water rushing in the spillway below the garden is home to trout, waterbirds, and even a family of swans.
4. Mary Sexton is a WONDERFUL hostess. Witty, warm, and knowledgeable. After my brother and I had spent a chilly day visiting Aran Island, we came home to find that she had thoughtfully tucked hot water bottles into our beds! Then, on our final night, we forgot to set the alarm clock. Mary woke up extra early the next morning to knock on our door, making sure that we were up and about. If she hadn't awakened us, we would definitely have missed our plane! GOD BLESS MARY SEXTON.
Some reviewer have mentioned the problem with parking. It's true, the B&B does not have private parking facilities. However, Mary is a MASTER at locating free parking spaces nearby. We never paid a penny.
Other people have complained that Mary doesn't like to bother with the internet. It's true, she doesn't. In fact, I don't know if she even has an e-mail address. You'll have to pick up the phone and actually CALL St. Martin's B&B to make a reservation. It took me a little searching to find the number, so I'll share it with you. From the US: [--].
When I called, Mary greeted me cheerfully and noted the dates of our reservation on her calendar. Our clean room was waiting as promised when we arrived. It's that simple.
St. Martin's is a great little B&B in Galway. I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else.
- Also Known As:
- St. Martin`s Hotel Galway
- St. Martin`s b&b
- Bed Breakfast Galway