“The best fish and chips!”

The Galleon Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 525 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Blending the tradition of the old with a feeling for the new, the Galleon has been serving 5 million satisfied customers ever since it opened 45 years ago.An institution in Salthill, it takes pride in its friendly, experienced staff and its newly refurbished premises, to offer you an exceptional dining experience.With our extensive menu, we have something for everyone, be it a fussy child, a meat lover or a gourmet eater with a refined taste. Our scrumptious selection of food includes hearty meats, delicate fish, light salads, creamy pasta and indulgent desserts. We also have gluten- free options for coeliacs and vegetarian specialities.We keep our young guest entertained with crayons and pictures to colour in, while their parents enjoy a relaxing three-course meal. We also cater for parties of up to 30 people in our devoted function room. Whether you come for leisure, to enjoy a tea and scone with friends, or for work, to avail of our free high-speed Wifi.
Reviewed 12 November 2016

Enjoyed an excellent meal of fish and chips followed by a chocolate fudge cake to die for! Service was spot on from very friendly staff, even those not on duty that night! Had great fun with the locals! A must to visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,269)

Reviewed 8 November 2016

Quite the best pub restaurant we want to in Ireland. Genuinely friendly; good food; swift service. Cannot recommend highly enough. Good for kids.

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

This restaurant was "Can do" all the way. Undaunted by the need to feed a vegan when there really was only one thing on the menu to order from and some picky carnivores. I called in advance while making the reservation and it was truly "no problem". They asked me what I like to eat! A special entree was made for me of lentils, quinoa, asparagus with a wasabi condiment. My photo does not do it justice! I have to say the meatless "meat" balls with spiral zucchini appetizer on the menu, was awesome and had I known, I would have ordered a double, maybe a triple, and called it a day! I shared and instantly had remorse!Grandkids & children had steak and or Caribbean lobsters (see photo), which for New Englanders was a stretch as it is really a different animal but the taste is amazing (my recall of days before vegan. I had some envy, I must admit). They also shared 2 orders of the Thai calamari which went quickly. Go here- worth it... service is excellent. If u have any chocolate dessert freaks, Galleon has the dessert- served warm with ice cream.

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Lovely family friendly resturant
Fab food, cooked well
Good portions & kids well catered for
William be back again

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

We stopped here for some lunch and ate from a very reasonably priced lunch menu. We had a main course and desert for €16.50. I could not fault the food I had a pasta dish and my friend had the burger. We were able to sit outside and eat. Great location and the staff are so helpful. Would love to visit again.