“Great Value Quality food”

Gourmet Tart Company
Ranked #2 of 13 Dessert in Galway
Price range: US$9 - US$14
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Wicklow, Ireland
“Great Value Quality food”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Went on the back if the tripadvisor #1 ranking. We had the full Irish breakfast this morning and it was lovely, staff were friendly, the food excellent and a nice clean environment. Watch out for the trip advisor map, it has the wrong location by about 1km. told the staff and reported on trip advisor app so hopefully between them it will be corrected.

• Visited February 2012

ireland
“Tasty food”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Busy spot. Tried to get a table before and was too busy so left but this time we were lucky enough to get a table.Myself, husband and son visited one Sunday afternoon. Husband ordered the battered fish, he asked if it was fresh and waitress laughed and said yes so not really sure if it was fresh fish or not.
My son also got the fish and chips from the kids menu which he ate up! ( although he seemed to enjoy more the skinny chips that were on my plate!). His chips also came out salted which i didnt really like. I wouldnt normally add additional salt to his dinner as hes a bit young.

I had the cajun chicken burger which was fab...it was served with a little bucket of skinny chips, side salad and a pineapple relish...very taste indeed.
For desert i had some sort of chocolate cake which was fab and my husband had a rhubarb tartlet crumble. He thought it was nice but it had very little filling and was all crumble...could of done with a layer of custard or something.
Would recommend and would go again but only real bad point is you cant book

1 Thank scraw
Dublin, Ireland
“Taste Treats”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I had a nice tasty burger :) mmmm seconds? some nice buns to ;)

Visited February 2012
1 Thank TomStatic
Galway, Ireland
“Whats all the hoo ha about?”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I visited the Salthill branch of The Gourmet tart Company shortly before christmas just to see what all the fuss was about.I was with my daughter and we were really looking forward to it!We had to wait quite a while for service and when we eventually got our order it was wrong!My brown scone was a little on the stale side not worth waiting for!I had to remind the waitress twice to bring my daughters hot chocolate!It was not what i would call the best experience!I do however love their tarts even though they are rather expensive.I do think that this place has become the cool place to hang out but buck up on your service please!I do not understand how this place is classed as the number one in the review list!

Visited December 2011
Ireland
“Finally dined at the restaurant for dinner!”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Okay, last time I write a review for this place, I had only had brunch and had shopped at the bakery/deli in town.

I recently won a Valentines competition on Facebook for dinner for two at the Gourmet Tart Co. in Salthill. I had only eaten brunch before there and it was really good. So this evening we pulled our fingers out and went..
We were greeted by a lovely French lady who gave us a choice of seating, it was busy enough but filled up quite quickly after we arrived. There was a really lovely atmosphere, dimmed lights, candles in little pink votives on the tables, really romantic, nice place to go on a first date too (but I'm married ;-p), fantastic menu, 4 course menu for €25!!!! Such an amazing price is hard to find for such top drawer food and the best Prosecco I have ever had!!!! In my opinion, the Gourmet Tart Company is the most unpretentious place where you get such food, COMPLETELY Underrated, its Michelin star worthy and I don't just say that for anywhere that I enjoy the food, this place really is SMASHING!!! Presentation is immaculate, attention to detail and a lot of thought and care goes into the dishes, not to mention love. The chef must have a big heart 'cause it shows in the food! From the outside, it looks nothing, looks like just a bakery, but you have to go inside, it's like a well kept secret!

First, for starters, I had shredded beef croquettes, served on a wooden board with beautiful salad on a bed of horseradish and pomegranate seeds and in a ramekin, home made pickle, GORGEOUS, really generous amounts of beef in that delicious crumb. After the table was cleared, we were presented with a palate cleanser of Blood Orange and cardamom Sorbet and then on to mains, which was a mushroom risotto with truffle. I don't like mushrooms ( I call them earthy slugs) but something made me order this and I adored it!!!! So creamy, you could taste the delicious wine through it....so yum! Ryan had the lamb burger, succulent lamb between two slices of toasted ciabatta, salad and the yummiest chunkiest chips, all built up into a little cube of crisp potato, I couldn't help but pinch one, and since all their food is cooked with rapeseed oil, it was flavoursome, tasted twice cooked (parboiled then fried), sophisticated 'burger and chips'.

Staff constantly made sure we were OK, such lovely girls, our water bottle was always full and our bread basket was never empty..

Finally, the part I was dying for, dessert, or as English people say time for 'pudding'. I am a self confessed chocoholic, so I had the Chocolate and Orange pave with hazelnut ice cream and a baked orange slice, it was like a chocolate cake that was made from chocolate truffle, dense, indulgent and certainly satisfied my need for chocolate this evening. Even the coffee was bloody perfect! Rich and smokey! There's nothing you can fault this place on!!!! Ok, there is....just the noise level, large wall space, wooden floors and high ceilings....if you want a quiet cup of coffee, too many lunching mummy's with kids,and all trying to speak over each other so you're forced to shout over the noise :( That's all, it's not like that at night, all adults in raptures over the divine food! My husband is a pain to satisfy, very rarely he is so moved by a restaurant, bad service makes him so moody and even 5 star hotels we've eaten in were 'mediocre' to him....but GTC almost brought a tear to his eye, he is in love with this place!

If they keep going the way they are...Michelin stars wont be far off..... well done guys!

• Visited January 2012