“Good fish and chips”

Price range: US$0 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Looking for another pub to eat dinner in during our trip through Ireland. Found this place on our way to the airbnb host we had near Spiddal. The place was crowded, but we got seated without having reservations and ordered very quickly. The meal arrived soon and was hot and good. A little pricey, but another good fish and chips, and guiness.

Lots of parking and a small bar in the back as well as the restaurant and bar in the front.

A nice view of Galway Bay from the restaurant.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Beautiful surroundings let down by very average food and complacent service. Very disappointing and not great value. Would not return

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Hadn’t pre-booked and only had to wait 5-10 minutes for a table. The staff were very pleasant and accommodating. There wasn’t a long wait for the food which was hot and tasty. We had the roast of the day which was beef and it was thick and just melted in the mouth. The ONLY criticism I can think of is that I personally would have liked to have been offered some more gravy with it but I didn’t ask for it. There was plenty of choice on the menu and lots of GF options.
Spoiled for choice with the desserts and opted for the apple and toffee crumble with custard which again was served at a nice hot temperature.
Try the Dan Kelly’s apple cider- tasted just like cider apple ice lollies.
Will definitely go out of my way to go again on my next visit to Galway.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Hi Guys
I had the pleasure of being with you for tea / scone ... and dinner later on Sunday
The food , service , ambiance was absolutely wonderful and no doubt this is why you were so busy on Sunday
It's what you do and you do it well. and part of the job
But it's what's not part of the job that really stood out
You see I had my sister Emma with me .Emma is special needs with severe walking difficulties .
From a young guy .. obviously an employee ... holding the door for her on the way in as he was on way out . ... to a manager ( i think) taking her to a seat while I went to the bathroom .. to the bar guy coming over to ask was she comfortable was way beyond the service expected and call of duty .

I wanted to come back later with the rest of the family for dinner and so I asked could I reserve a table
The lovely lady asked where Emma would be comfortable sitting and did she have any special dietary needs .
Needless to say the food again was excellent
For all of the above thank you very much . It meant an awful lot to us .
Kindest regards
Helen O Sullivan

Sent from my iPhone

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Went to Padraicins in October of 2017. Still think about the Chorizo and potatoes with the fish dinner I had. One of the best meals while we were in Ireland.