“Quiet restaurant in the city”
Review of Kirby's of Galway

Kirby's of Galway
Ranked #35 of 542 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Kirbys offer a relaxed dining experience in modern surrounds. Savour the best of local produce cooked with a modern twist. An extensive wine list is available with and emphasis on New World wines. Assured of a warm and friendly welcome and value for money, Kirbys is the ideal venue for a night out with friends or when celebrating that special occasion. Kirbys also caters for Corporate lunches and dinners as well as Christmas parties. A variety of seating arrangements are available from Banquette seating to smaller tables for more intimate dining.
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Wonderful meal after a long day of driving. Had the goat cheese appetizer and had delicious poached salmon and my daughter had chicken which she enjoyed. Lovely atmosphere and friendly staff

Date of visit: July 2018
Evie F, Public Relations Manager at Kirby's of Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Sreynoldswrap,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review! We were particularly pleased to read your lovely comments about our staff & service. We were happy to hear that you & yours had an enjoyable dining experience. We would love to welcome you back again in the future!

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

What a find! The chowder is wonderful and the seafood stew was out of this world! Definite recommendation to stop at!

Date of visit: July 2018
Evie F, Public Relations Manager at Kirby's of Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear Bruce C,

Many thanks for the kind words in your recent review. I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Kirby's Restaurant. Reading such a glowing review is always rewarding and I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our team!

Thank you for the recommendation, we appreciate it.

We would love to welcome you back to Kirby's in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Hands down the best meal I’ve had in a very long time. Big thank you to Danny who was on the street explaining the menu to me and showing me where to go and even taking me up to the host who seated me. Extremely friendly staff who offered the best all round experience. Cocktails were made perfectly and the food melted in your mouth. 10/10 will come back and recommend to anyone I meet. A massive thank you to everyone there for a great night. Can’t wait to go back again

Date of visit: July 2018
Evie F, Public Relations Manager at Kirby's of Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear Joshua W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind & heartwarming review! We were particularly pleased to read your lovely comments about our staff & service, I will pass this on to Danny, he will be delighted! We were happy to hear that you enjoyed our cocktails & that you had an enjoyable dining experience. We would love to welcome you back again in the future!

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Walked into the restaurant with a group of five to be greeted promptly with fantastic service. The food is delicious and the 3 courses for €25 was amazing value with such delicious food. All the staff were incredibly professional and extremely helpful. The bar downstairs as well played some fantastic music. Overall, a great evening.

Date of visit: July 2018
Evie F, Public Relations Manager at Kirby's of Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Niamhnutty

We would love to welcome you back to Kirby's in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We arranged a dinner for 35 family and friends in Kirbys. As you can imagine, we were concerned about trying to arrange a booking for such a large group of people! But from the moment we booked Kirbys the management and staff were so helpful and accomodating.
The menu was perfect and very reasonable, catering for all requests we made (allergies, vegetarian diets)
The decor and aesthetic of Kirbys is stunning and newly renovated. We were very comfortable and had loads of room in a relaxed environment.

The staff let us decorate the venue before our party and were a great help with that too.

The service staff and bar staff on ths night were so friendly and professional. They made it look easy to serve a group of 35 people together!
I cannot fault this restaurant at all and I'm looking forward to returning very soon.
Will recommend Kirbys to everyone.

Helen, Aisling and Claire.

Date of visit: June 2018
Evie F, Public Relations Manager at Kirby's of Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear Helen, Aisling and Claire,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a heartwarming review!

We are thrilled that you enjoyed all avenues of what we have to offer, and reading kind words such as your own really does make all we strive to achieve here all the more worthwhile. I was particularly pleased with your comments regarding our staff & service, and I will pass on your review to the team, who will be delighted!

We look forward to welcoming you back again to Kirby's in the future!