“Fantastic restaurant, highly recommend.”
Review of Kirby's of Galway

Kirby's of Galway
Ranked #43 of 528 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Kirbys offer a relaxed dining experience in modern surrounds. Savour the best of local produce cooked with a modern twist. An extensive wine list is available with and emphasis on New World wines. Assured of a warm and friendly welcome and value for money, Kirbys is the ideal venue for a night out with friends or when celebrating that special occasion. Kirbys also caters for Corporate lunches and dinners as well as Christmas parties. A variety of seating arrangements are available from Banquette seating to smaller tables for more intimate dining, muted lighting and walnut and cream tones create and inviting and relaxing dining experience.
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We arranged a dinner for 35 family and friends in Kirbys. As you can imagine, we were concerned about trying to arrange a booking for such a large group of people! But from the moment we booked Kirbys the management and staff were so helpful and accomodating.
The menu was perfect and very reasonable, catering for all requests we made (allergies, vegetarian diets)
The decor and aesthetic of Kirbys is stunning and newly renovated. We were very comfortable and had loads of room in a relaxed environment.

The staff let us decorate the venue before our party and were a great help with that too.

The service staff and bar staff on ths night were so friendly and professional. They made it look easy to serve a group of 35 people together!
I cannot fault this restaurant at all and I'm looking forward to returning very soon.
Will recommend Kirbys to everyone.

Helen, Aisling and Claire.

Evie F, Public Relations Manager at Kirby's of Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear Helen, Aisling and Claire,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a heartwarming review!

We are thrilled that you enjoyed all avenues of what we have to offer, and reading kind words such as your own really does make all we strive to achieve here all the more worthwhile. I was particularly pleased with your comments regarding our staff & service, and I will pass on your review to the team, who will be delighted!

We look forward to welcoming you back again to Kirby's in the future!

Best

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend Kirby’s!! Wonderful atmosphere and absolutely delicious food! The hostess, wait staff, and bartenders were all incredibly kind and very attentive. We came here on our last night in the country and they gave our entire family a round of complimentary drinks to celebrate!!

Evie F, Public Relations Manager at Kirby's of Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear AzottiTN,

Thank you very much for taking to time to leave such a lovely review of Kirby's Restaurant!

I was particularly pleased upon reading your comments about our staff and service as this is certainly an area that we take great pride in,

I am delighted that you and your party enjoyed your visit with us, and we would of course love to welcome you back again in the future.

We hope that you enjoyed your visit to Ireland & we are delighted that we were able to be a part of it!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2018

During our time in Galway, we liked this restaurant so much the first time we ate here, we returned the next night for another wonderful meal. Linda was our server both evenings, and what a terrific job she does. Efficient, prompt, and professional while being happy and so upbeat. Both evenings, my wife enjoyed their house steak with mashed potatoes and great bread. I had fish and chips for my first visit, then seafood chowder, a prawn cocktail and a house salad the next. Every bite was enjoyed. They have a nice Sauvignon Blanc by the glass, and a full bar. We loved this place.

Dear Cattleman 007,

I am delighted to hear that we could assist in an enjoyable evening here in Kirby's.

I have passed on your heartwarming message to Linda, who will be thrilled with the positive feedback.

I will also be sure to pass your kind words about your meals to the team in the kitchen

We would love to welcome you & yours back again in the future!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

After a long weekend in Galway we decided to finish our fantastic weekend with dinner at Kirby’s in Cross Street Galway

When we arrived the place was bustling, every table taken and everyone enjoying the craic.

The food did not disappoint Goats Cheese with Walnuts and Beetroot was nicely presented and tasted so good as did the other starter Chicken Bruschette.

The rest of the guys opted for the Fresh Cod & Chips, pristine white flavoursome cod was encapsulated in a most beautiful crisp golden batter with accompanying properly cooked chips, very enjoyable.

I opted for the Slow Cooked Beef, which was stunning!
The beef was superbly cooked, rich flavour yet delicate and soft in texture, this rested on a bed of creamed potato with a rich jus with pearl onions to crown a perfect choice,

Our thanks to Linda who looked after us so well and Elliott for the stunning food.

Evie F, Public Relations Manager at Kirby's of Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Michaeldbelfast,

Thank you for your kind words, your heartwarming feedback is a pleasure to read! I will be sure to pass this on to Linda & Elliott who will be thrilled. If you find yourself in Galway again in the future, we would love for you to visit Kirby's again.

Best,

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I joined a group of 15 for a meal here. We had a choice of appetizer, entree and dessert. Everything was perfect. Very friendly and efficient staff, amazing service and the food was top notch. I had the Stuffed chicken breast with potatoes and it had excellent flavor. My husband had the Chicken and bacon pasta dish which left us both with empty plates and satisfied stomachs!
The Creamy seafood chowder was also delicious. Definite a total satisfying meal right in the heart of Galway.

Evie F, Public Relations Manager at Kirby's of Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Colleen,

Many thanks for the lovely review!

Needless to say I was delighted to read such kind words, particularly in relation to our staff & our service. I will be sure to pass your kind word on to the team in the kitchen,

We would love to welcome you back again in the future

Best