“Delicious Food / Delightful Staff”
Review of Kirby's of Galway

Kirby's of Galway
Ranked #35 of 542 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kirbys offer a relaxed dining experience in modern surrounds. Savour the best of local produce cooked with a modern twist. An extensive wine list is available with and emphasis on New World wines. Assured of a warm and friendly welcome and value for money, Kirbys is the ideal venue for a night out with friends or when celebrating that special occasion. Kirbys also caters for Corporate lunches and dinners as well as Christmas parties. A variety of seating arrangements are available from Banquette seating to smaller tables for more intimate dining.
Reviewed 1 June 2018

During our time in Galway, we liked this restaurant so much the first time we ate here, we returned the next night for another wonderful meal. Linda was our server both evenings, and what a terrific job she does. Efficient, prompt, and professional while being happy and so upbeat. Both evenings, my wife enjoyed their house steak with mashed potatoes and great bread. I had fish and chips for my first visit, then seafood chowder, a prawn cocktail and a house salad the next. Every bite was enjoyed. They have a nice Sauvignon Blanc by the glass, and a full bar. We loved this place.

Date of visit: May 2018
Evie F, Public Relations Manager at Kirby's of Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Cattleman 007,

I am delighted to hear that we could assist in an enjoyable evening here in Kirby's.

I have passed on your heartwarming message to Linda, who will be thrilled with the positive feedback.

I will also be sure to pass your kind words about your meals to the team in the kitchen

We would love to welcome you & yours back again in the future!

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

After a long weekend in Galway we decided to finish our fantastic weekend with dinner at Kirby’s in Cross Street Galway

When we arrived the place was bustling, every table taken and everyone enjoying the craic.

The food did not disappoint Goats Cheese with Walnuts and Beetroot was nicely presented and tasted so good as did the other starter Chicken Bruschette.

The rest of the guys opted for the Fresh Cod & Chips, pristine white flavoursome cod was encapsulated in a most beautiful crisp golden batter with accompanying properly cooked chips, very enjoyable.

I opted for the Slow Cooked Beef, which was stunning!
The beef was superbly cooked, rich flavour yet delicate and soft in texture, this rested on a bed of creamed potato with a rich jus with pearl onions to crown a perfect choice,

Our thanks to Linda who looked after us so well and Elliott for the stunning food.

Date of visit: April 2018
Evie F, Public Relations Manager at Kirby's of Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Michaeldbelfast,

Thank you for your kind words, your heartwarming feedback is a pleasure to read! I will be sure to pass this on to Linda & Elliott who will be thrilled. If you find yourself in Galway again in the future, we would love for you to visit Kirby's again.

Best,

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I joined a group of 15 for a meal here. We had a choice of appetizer, entree and dessert. Everything was perfect. Very friendly and efficient staff, amazing service and the food was top notch. I had the Stuffed chicken breast with potatoes and it had excellent flavor. My husband had the Chicken and bacon pasta dish which left us both with empty plates and satisfied stomachs!
The Creamy seafood chowder was also delicious. Definite a total satisfying meal right in the heart of Galway.

Date of visit: April 2018
Evie F, Public Relations Manager at Kirby's of Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Colleen,

Many thanks for the lovely review!

Needless to say I was delighted to read such kind words, particularly in relation to our staff & our service. I will be sure to pass your kind word on to the team in the kitchen,

We would love to welcome you back again in the future

Best

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

the food was absolutely delicious and the environment was perfect for an evening out. so glad we were picked!

Date of visit: May 2018

Dear Metaliciouschick79,

Many thanks for the kind words in your recent review. I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Kirby's Restaurant. Reading such a glowing review is always rewarding and I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our team!

We would love to welcome you back to Kirby's in the future.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

As soon as we went in Linda the waitress made us feel very welcome.
The food is plentiful and cooked to perfection, a good wine list and a relaxing atmosphere.
Dont take my word go find out yourself.

Date of visit: April 2018
Evie F, Public Relations Manager at Kirby's of Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear Smurf43,

A huge thanks for taking the time to leave such a kind review. It is always a great pleasure to receive such a positive feedback and reviews such as your own make all we do here all the more rewarding. I have passed on your heartwarming message to Linda, who will be delighted.

We would love to welcome you & yours back again in the future.