All reviewshomemade breadporridgegreat hostssalt hillfull irishgalway baygreat place to staycity centreperfect locationconniepatsalthillshowerbreakfastplug
Reviewed 7 May 2015

Nice clean B&B with a warm welcome and great hosts. The location is fantastic, the rooms are comfortable and the breakfast is great. A 10 minute walk to Shop street. We were looking for somewhere affordable to stay while attending a friend's wedding and this was perfect. Will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2015

My wife LInda and I recently stayed at this B&B again when in Galway to renew our wedding vows.

Once again we cannot fault Pat & Connie's B&B.
From the friendly reception their son gave us when we arrived, to when we left, everything was just as we'd wished.

Our room , bed and shower were all spotless and checked daily.
Breakfasts are perfect and Pat does not skimp on the portions :o)
You have to try his home baked bread.

This B&B is perfectly situated for easy strolls into either Galway centre or out along the sea front into Salthill. Both having restaurants and 'watering holes' to relax and socialise in.

We will be back next year and will be booking into Grattan Lodge

Eddie
Birmingham
UK

Room Tip: If you can book in advance. Request a room at the front of the house. You will have the most stunning view across Galway Bay.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2015

My wife,mother in law and I went to Galway to visit our daughter at school. My daughter found the Grattan Lodge for us and she scored 100.
We arrived very early and were greeted with open arms. Pat and Connie gave us something to eat and a room to rest in while our rooms were prepared. They went out of there way to make us feel at home through our entire stay. The rooms were beautiful and clean with a spectacular view and the food was out of this world. We hope to visit again!!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2014

I was looking for a homestay experience in Ireland and I truly found it at Grattan Lodge. I was not sure that I would found it in a town, but in the end it proved the right place!

After a small inconvenience at the check in ( had only one triple room instead of 2 rooms), things settled.

The rooms were very spacious and very clean with breakfast amenities ( coffee, tea, included in the room). My bathroom at the ground floor was very tiny but it was OK.

What I really liked was the dining room - amazing place - and the lovely breakfast!
Would definitely stay again even if it's not that cheap - 75 Euro's for a single room.

Room Tip: Do not choose the single room at the ground floor; can be noisier.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2014

Connie and Pat were some of the nicest hosts that my friend and I had in Ireland and are the best of many lovely things about this B+B. Grattan Lodge is right across from the sea and very conveniently located but still nice and quiet. Bathroom was a little small and our room was a little cramped with both a double and a twin bed but it was great to have that option and worth it for the en suite! The breakfast was absolutely delicious. Wish we could have stayed longer and definitely plan on staying again my next trip to Galway!

Room Tip: Rooms in the front overlook the sea
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends