“We gave this place a second chance and it was much better this time.”
Review of The Dail Bar

The Dail Bar
Ranked #48 of 536 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$9 - US$21
Cuisines: Irish, Mediterranean, Steakhouse, Gastropub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Dail Bar and Restaurant has already become a firm favourite to both Galway residents and visitors alike with its stunning decor that is both impressive and comfortable at the same time evoking a relaxed warm atmosphere that just draws you in like your favourite local. Situated on the intersection of Middle Street and Cross St right in the heart of the city it really is a beautiful bar to visit The Dail is decorated in a wonderfully traditional manner with beautifully carved oak bars, feature fireplaces ,stunning staircases and many a cosy corner to while away an evening. The downstairs bar has a warm inviting local pub feel where you can relax and enjoy your favourite drink in a comfortable environment, chat to friends, and get to know the friendly bartender or just absorb the atmosphere and many hidden features that the bar has to find!The Dail is also a restaurant serving top class food at Pocket friendly prices all day everyday. The varied and enticing menu really does go above and beyond a traditional pub menu. The Bar is open late 7 nights a week from 11:00am to 2:00am
Reviewed 29 December 2017

We thought we would give them one last chance. We did however decide to sit at the bar. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. We had excellent service and the food was also very good. I recommend the Crab cakes and Irish Stew.

2  Thank abbotsfordrocks

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Nice environment, nice music, we'll visit again. However, christmas time is too busy. The medium steak is nice! recommended!

1  Thank Hong S
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Ate here both nights as the food was so good. Staff are pleasant and helpful and the food was top class. My husband had steak the first night and it was beautifully cooked, so tender and tasty he had pepper sauce with it which he said was particularly tasty. I had tempura prawns, absolutely recommend them. On the second night my husband had the burger (the Chefs recommendation) delicious and he ordered the pepper sauce again on the side as it was so tasty the previous night. I had monkfish and prawn linguine, definitely recommend this. We had dessert on the first night of apple pie and I had selection box cheesecake. Had no room for dessert the 2nd night. Definitely worth a visit and we will be back

2  Thank joannoel
Reviewed 11 December 2017

I found this pub based on tripadvisor reviews. It had a lovely atmosphere and fire that was definitely appreciated on the cold Sunday afternoon. Food was great and plentyful. Staff were friendly and welcoming. So glad I found this place best food I had on this trip to Galway!

1  Thank Nervoustraveller1
Reviewed 6 December 2017

My wife and I had a lovely dinner at the Dail Bar in Galway. The place has a great ambiance--low lights, cozy feeling, wonderfully friendly staff, and excellent food. We really enjoyed the potato and leek soup and the fish and chips, both of which were very generous portions. There is a great selection of beer and ale on tap. It was a lovely, even romantic, setting in a neighborhood pub that locals enjoy. It's a great taste of Galway off the main streets and a place that should not be missed.

3  Thank steven s