“Love the Seafood Pasta”

Ranked #50 of 532 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 18 August 2015

I come often to this restaurant when I fancy some Italian food. I most of the times get the pasta frutti di mare. It's just delicious. Love the white sauce.

The staff are always welcoming, and the owner is always around talking to people making sure everything is alright. He welcomed us with a glass of prosecco.

I'd definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends and everyone in Galway.

Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

As I often point out in my reviews I am deeply suspicious of a long list of " gushing over the top" reviews that seem to imply the reviewer has just had the finest dining experience of his life. That fiction is normally not reality.

My visit to Da Robertas tonight sadly bore this out. While the service is ok, the food is well below the high standard of the previous owner. Both the pasta and the pizza were poor tonight compared with previous experiences. This is a brilliant location with huge potential but it must overhaul its kitchen and its menu. Is it a pizza joint or a fully fledged Italian restaurant.? The basics need to be worked on.. Uncritical reviews are no substitute for the hard slog needed to guarantee this place a definite future after the tourists depart..I look forward to seeing a changed and reinvigorated restaurant ...

3  Thank MrGalway
Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

Visited this beautiful restaurant on a busy weekend and had a ball again!
We shared a Chowder to start us off and my Wife is still raving about it!!
Again for the main course we both stayed on the fish theme!
This came as a seafood platter including lobster, shrimp, prawn, and sea bass
It was accompanied with salad and roast potatoes cooked in an Italian white wine sauce!!
The fish was perfectly cooked unlike a lot of other restaurants who tend to over cook it!!
Complimentary Prossecco followed our meal when we declined Desert !!
Great touch from the elderly owner!
Then the First Lady and Gentleman of our Country arrived in and were seated 2 tables up from us!
It was obvious they are regulars as they were calling the owner Dario and his Wine expert Stevie by first names terms!!
Dario later on then sang some Italian songs but he included all the Guests not just the President and his Wife!
I will never forget my Da Roberta experience!!
Absolutely Five Star

Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

We ate dinner in Da Roberta when on a visit to Salthill. We didn't book a table so had a short 5 minute wait for a table for 4. The resteraunt is nicely decorated and not over packed with tables. We ordered drinks and food from the friendly waiter who was very chatty.

After about 15 minutes wait we asked another waiter if we could at least have our drinks while we continued to wait. The original waiter returned full of apologies as apparently the kitchen lost our order. He provided the drinks for free as an apology. The food was beautiful. Despite the mix up with our order I'd recommend this place and would visit again

1  Thank medoc_10
Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

The hospitality was amazing
We were treated like the king and queen.
Drink and appetiser on the house.
Food was too class.