“Beautiful food, lovely staff, cozy restaurant”

Kumar's Taste of Asia
Ranked #141 of 558 Restaurants in Galway
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2018

The staff were welcoming, the restaurant was decorated in a cozy mix of Indian and Irish, and the food was superb. I would recommend Kumars to anyone looking for good Indian food in Galway city.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

The food was pretty average but nothing special. My chicken chettinad was tasty as was the meat rogan josh. The service was very pleasant too. The BIG let down was the ladies toilet, and the toilets are important to us ladies! Wallpaper peeling off the walls, toilet at an angle, absorbent paper on the floor under the sink to soak up a leak, more absorbent paper on the stairs to soak up another leak. All this makes me wonder what the kitchen is like. I wouldn’t go back even if I lived in Galway!

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Service is absolutely wonderful, really friendly people. Lovely cozy atmosphere, I especially love the windowsill seat. The food is to die for; all handmade and utterly delicious. Very generous portions.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

We had a family meal there this week and three out of four of us ended with a bad stomachache. I am still suffering three days later!! The fourth person didn’t share any of what the three of us were sharing!!
There was something definitely not right about the food!!
Wouldn’t recommend, wouldn’t go back and do not rate it at all. As someone who comes from the Balti City (Birmingham) I know my Indian foods and love spice, but this was not good!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 8 August 2018

The food is delicious and the waiters are very friendly. Great place for kids, I’d definitely go there again!

Date of visit: August 2018