“Good and tasty Asian food”

Kumar's Taste of Asia
Ranked #133 of 496 Restaurants in Galway
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We are been there on family finner. Realy good and tasty asian food. Good service and friendly staff. For everyone who like orginal asian food with orginal spices and fresh ingredients.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

This is a taste of India in Galway, they offer a Thai menu in conjunction with Indian & both are a pleasure. Super flavours, great aroma, superlative taste. I throughly recommend the chef special Ceylon chicken curry.

Words of warning? The curries are hot, if you are not prepared, think one down from your normal fare. The taste is amazing, don't spoil it by going for a meal that is too hot!.

Coffee? Total disappointment, avoid it!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Being a regular visitor to Galway,I was not able to get to Kumar's on my last few visits .I managed to dine there tonight and the food was outstanding.Meat platter to start and Chicken Saag as a main.Make no mistake,if you are a fan of Indian food,this is exceptional.It also offers exceptional value in a City that appears to be getting more and more expensive.It is also a family run establishment which adds to the authenticity.I do believe the owner is a Second Generation Chef and when you taste the quality of the food,this will become more apparent.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

On busy Fridy night in Galway we all decided we fancied an Indian meal and we were recommended to visit Kumars. When we arrived, there were 4 of us, they were quite busy but immediately fitted us in without any fuss.

We ordered popadums and Mixed Platter to start and for our main courses a selection of Lamb Biryani, Chicken Tikka Masala, Chicken Karahi and Thai Green Chicken Curry. I personally had the Biryani which was very tasty and i was assured the Tikka and Kerahi were also delicious. My friend thought the Thai Curry was lacking in authentic flavour.

The service was very good, they had that wonderful ability to be with you when you needed something but not intrusive when you didn't. The prices were reasonble.

Overall I would recommend Kumars as a great place to eat.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

We didn't have a booking on Saturday evening of Seafest and no problem, place very busy but we were seated immediately and had a lovely supper,, 2 spring rolls, three vegetarian sides with a garlic naan and two coffees 42 Euro, we thought very good value, lovely flavorsome dishes very fresh and tasty naan, staff perfectly attentive, no rush
We would definitely return