All reviews bar downstairs great location walkable distance top floor an overnight stay short stay room was spotless the hotel staff aran islands lovely hotel salthill galleon prom euro pint
Reviewed 13 October 2016

I stayed here with my partner for the weekend of the Run Galway Bay marathon. We were made feel very welcome on arrival and the rooms were clean and had everything we required. It was also surprisingly quiet at night considering the location. Meals are not served on site but The Galleon across the street has an excellent breakfast menu. You could not ask for a better location in Salthill and overall we were very pleased. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2016

I stayed here with my husband for one night to attend a family event. My relatives were staying in apartments near by so we booked this hotel due to its close location to them. It couldn't have been better. I saw two of the rooms and they were a decent size. Our bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. There are lots of restaurants, bars and amusements near by and it's right beside the beach. The bar under the hotel is also lovely. Staff were very welcoming and I would definitely stay here again as it was fantastic value for money. We walked from Galway train station which took just under half an hour but there is a bus service also. The rooms up higher have lovely sea views so I'd recommend requesting a sea view.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

We loved our stay at the Holiday Hotel. The manger, Martin, was so friendly and accommodating. He held mail for us before we even got there and upgraded our room to a room with a view. The rooms were very clean and had everything we needed. The location was very nice and close to great restraunts and O Conners bar. We would definitely recommend this place!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rebekahjacobsson
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for our second time last week.
We had our two grandchildren with us and they had a great time in Galway in general.
The hotel is located on the promenade. Rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean.
Beds very comfortable and all linen fresh.
Room was cozy and warm and even though above a bar there was no noise.
The staff were lovely and nothing too much trouble for them.
Tea, coffee facilities in the room are plentiful.
I would definately return and would highly recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Centrally located hotel in Salthill. In walking distance of all amenities in the town. Clean rooms and comfy beds. The rooms are above a bar... The office.. Which was really buzzing and good for a quick drink.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends