5 people are viewing this hotel
US$157
PricelineUS$161
Hotels.comUS$175
TravelocityUS$175
All reviews forster court eyre square great location foster court coach station lovely hotel shower curtain walking distance car park street noise triple room enjoyed our stay shop street breakfast was included pubs and restaurants nice room one night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 October 2022 via mobile

After arrival and check-in, our room was not what was advertised on their website or what was confirmed in our email. We called the front desk immediately and asked for this to be corrected. We had reserved a king bed but our room had a queen and a twin. The front desk said they would ring us right back. That did not happen. After waiting for 40 minutes for a return call, we called them. Their reply was two-fold. First, they said that they called twice but there was no answer. The phone did not ring, so either this was a lie, or the telephone is broken and should be repaired. Second, they said the hotel was full and they had nowhere else to put us. They said our reservation was for a double room which was true, but it specified “king bed”. Their explanation was that in Europe (vs. U.S) king beds are smaller. This is not true. The young man said that he did not have the authority to remedy the situation and that the hotel manager would be in touch in the morning. That did not happen. We were very disappointed in our room and the customer service that we experienced, we will find alternative accommodations in the future but want to be sure to warn others on TripAdvisor. This is not a 4 1/2 star quality hotel!

Room tip: This is a 2-star hotel at best. Non-existent customer service. Expect a basic hotel. Nothing better.
Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Roisin McGee, General Manager at HYDE Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2022

Dear Prio123

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us here at the Hyde Hotel.

We are extremely disappointed to learn of your recent experience with us Prio123 as this certainly does not live up to our usual high standards here at the Hyde Hotel.

I have reached out to you directly following your stay and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 29 September 2022

Great hotel, very comfortable rooms, 5* breakfast and evening meal, friendly attentive staff and location is perfect for exploring Galway city centre.

If you play golf, then take yourself down to the outstanding Galway Bay golf resort and enjoy a round.

Definitely will return.

Dear LaraghOK101

Thank you for your glowing 5 star review following your recent stay with us here at the Hyde Hotel.

We are delighted that you had a very enjoyable experience with us throughout and found our Galway Bay Golf Resort to be outstanding.

We look forward to welcoming you back in with us in the near future.

Reviewed 28 September 2022

I stayed at this hotel when I came to Galway for my Birthday in September 2022. While this hotel is located in a great location near Eyre Square and next to the Galway Coach Station (which was very convenient for me because I arrived from Dublin by coach), the hotel itself is very disappointing! There was no wardrobe or anything for me to put my clothes in inside the room. The beds were very uncomfortable! The safe in the room was on the floor, which was very strange and very inconvenient! The bathroom was not great. The toilet seat made a very squeaky noise whenever I moved it! The sink didn't drain very easily! I also went looking for a public bathroom downstairs but there was only a bar and there was no sign of any public bathroom downstairs in the lobby! I had a very unenjoyable experience at the Hyde Hotel and I will certainly not be returning to this hotel! I don't recommend the Hyde Hotel to anyone who is planning a trip to Galway!

Room tip: I would not recommend booking a room at this hotel!

Dear Guglielmo L

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay with us here at the Hyde Hotel.

We are extremely disappointed to learn of your overall experience during your recent stay Guglielmo L as this certainly does not live up to the standards/service we strive to deliver here at the Hyde.

I would love the opportunity to speak with you in person to discuss your stay in further detail. Please contact me on rmcgee@hydehotel.ie to which I will extend a courtesy call at a time convenient to you.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 27 September 2022

Just off the busy section of town this hotel has a great staff, clean and modern rooms and a restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a bar. One block walk from bus and train station and just down and across the street from a convenience store. Breakfast was included in our stay and though selections not numerous they offer omelettes, pancakes, porridge etc.

Dear Chitransplant09

We are delighted to see you enjoyed your overall experience with us throughout.

We look forward to having the opportunity in welcoming you back in with us when your travels take you back to Galway.

Reviewed 26 September 2022

Top class food, service and comfort. If you are traveling to Galway, this is the hotel to stay in. Best hotel in Galway.

They also own Galway Bay Golf course which was incredible.

Thanks for your hospitality, we will be back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Seamus1605

We are delighted to see you enjoyed your overall experience with us throughout and our Golf resort to be incredible.