4 people are viewing this hotel
US$164
Hotels.comUS$183
PricelineUS$168
HurbUS$190
All reviews forster court eyre square great location foster court coach station lovely hotel shower curtain walking distance car park street noise triple room enjoyed our stay shop street breakfast was included pubs and restaurants nice room one night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2022

I stayed at this hotel when I came to Galway for my Birthday in September 2022. While this hotel is located in a great location near Eyre Square and next to the Galway Coach Station (which was very convenient for me because I arrived from Dublin by coach), the hotel itself is very disappointing! There was no wardrobe or anything for me to put my clothes in inside the room. The beds were very uncomfortable! The safe in the room was on the floor, which was very strange and very inconvenient! The bathroom was not great. The toilet seat made a very squeaky noise whenever I moved it! The sink didn't drain very easily! I also went looking for a public bathroom downstairs but there was only a bar and there was no sign of any public bathroom downstairs in the lobby! I had a very unenjoyable experience at the Hyde Hotel and I will certainly not be returning to this hotel! I don't recommend the Hyde Hotel to anyone who is planning a trip to Galway!

Room tip: I would not recommend booking a room at this hotel!
Date of stay: September 2022
Roisin McGee, General Manager at HYDE Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2022

Dear Guglielmo L

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay with us here at the Hyde Hotel.

We are extremely disappointed to learn of your overall experience during your recent stay Guglielmo L as this certainly does not live up to the standards/service we strive to deliver here at the Hyde.

I would love the opportunity to speak with you in person to discuss your stay in further detail. Please contact me on rmcgee@hydehotel.ie to which I will extend a courtesy call at a time convenient to you.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 27 September 2022

Just off the busy section of town this hotel has a great staff, clean and modern rooms and a restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a bar. One block walk from bus and train station and just down and across the street from a convenience store. Breakfast was included in our stay and though selections not numerous they offer omelettes, pancakes, porridge etc.

Dear Chitransplant09

We are delighted to see you enjoyed your overall experience with us throughout.

We look forward to having the opportunity in welcoming you back in with us when your travels take you back to Galway.

Reviewed 26 September 2022

Top class food, service and comfort. If you are traveling to Galway, this is the hotel to stay in. Best hotel in Galway.

They also own Galway Bay Golf course which was incredible.

Thanks for your hospitality, we will be back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Seamus1605

We are delighted to see you enjoyed your overall experience with us throughout and our Golf resort to be incredible.

Reviewed 23 September 2022

Top class hotel - would definitely stay again. Good food, great service and was really busy with a good atmosphere. Played golf at Galway Bay Resort, same owners cracking course - quality weekend all around

Dear G6271TYmarkc

We are delighted to see you found the hotel to be top class, finding the food & atmosphere to be good, service great and the golf course to be cracking.

Reviewed 23 September 2022 via mobile

Superb location, comfortable rooms, cool bar, great restaurant and brilliant staff. What’s not to like ?
Just off Eyre Square and a five minute walk to Galway’s main pub scene ..
and if you are a golfer, they also own the Galway Bay Golf Resort, which is a superb golf course.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Wandererer50269906664

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us here at the Hyde Hotel.

We are delighted to learn of your overall experience with us recently and that you found the Galway Bay Golf Resort to be superb.

We look forward to welcoming you back in with us when your travels take you back to Galway.