“Amazing pizza and even better service!”
Review of Woozza Wood Fired Pizza - CLOSED

Woozza Wood Fired Pizza
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I had dinner at Wooza a few weeks back during the busy Galway Film Fleadh. We were a group of ten adults and children without a reservation and expected to wait but the staff were so welcoming and efficient in setting us up with a table immediately. The atmosphere is lovely, very cozy and comfy. There was a mix of couples on dates and families having dinner; it's got something for everyone.

Throughout the meal, we had the same wonderfully attentive service; drink and food orders were taken efficiently and the food came out in a timely matter, cooked to perfection. We had a toddler with us who's a very picky eater and they even made her her own bespoke dinner! The owner, James Cox, checked on us throughout the meal, a very chatty and funny guy. We could not have had better service, a member of the Wooza team even ran out to the shops to get milk for the fussy toddler's bottle--above and beyond the expected.

Great service and atmosphere mean nothing if the food is not great and when I say Wooza has delicious pizza, it is no understatement. I'm from Chicago and I take my pizza seriously! I found the range of pizzas on offer to be incredible; they cater for everyone's palate--from the chap that never strays from a margarita to the more adventurous gal that'll try something new and unique. Portions are huge and are great value for money. For those who have a sweet tooth, you can order a "sweetza" for dessert, complete with nutella and marshmallows. I was so stuffed from my pizza, I didn't leave room, but the kids loved it.

I know so many parents that settle for Milano for pizza night out because it's easy with the kids. I would advise them to walk a few doors down and try Wooza. It will not disappoint and you won't be back to Milano paying for over-priced cardboard-tasting pizzas. James, add some dough balls to the menu and you're set!!

2  Thank kathrynkoz

Reviewed 25 July 2017

In a rather hectic Galway City this proved a lovely calm haven for dinner. My pizza Roma was tasty and it was great to have one with aubergine! The home-made, wood fired pizza bases were deliciously thin. Overall, the meal was excellent value. The staff, particularly James, Agnes and Julietta, were helpful and obliging and we left with smiles on our faces. We will definitely be back when we return.

1  Thank Sally C
Reviewed 24 July 2017

I was here for pizza with friends just before a gig. The pizzas were excellent, very tasty and a good sized portion.
The staff were attentive and very helpful.

I'd definitely return!

1  Thank Shane M
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Brought my daughter and 12 friends here for food before her party. The staff were so lovely as was the food. The kids loved it and even brought them out Nutella pizza for dessert which went down a treat.. If we had more time they were going to let the children make them. I would highly recommend here for any occasion or just a tasty pizza in the evening. Thank you to all - we will be back

1  Thank Pjackman
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Woozza is one block over from the main restaurant/shopping strip in Galway. Located on Middle Street, it is much quieter and less crowded. Maybe that is why we were able to get in for dinner with no wait. The pizza was unique, very fresh and quite tasty. Combined with an order of garlic bread (which was basically the size of a pizza), it was far too much food for my wife and I. The service could have been a bit more attentive given the low crowd, but nothing to complain about. Overall a very good meal and experience.

1  Thank KDAA