“Best Ramen I've had outside of Japan”

Tomodachi Sushi Bar
Ranked #129 of 500 Restaurants in Galway
Description: Fresh contemporary ingredients,top-calss Japanese chefs,and friendly staff are what we are all about. here at Tomodachi. Our unique sushi conveyor belt and tatami dining area will give you a real feel of authentic Japanese dining. Our head chef Liam Wang has worked in Ireland cooking Japanese cuisine for over 20 years. Liam's sushi skills are unrivaled and his knowledge of Japanese cooking is incredibly extensive. If you are not a lover of sushi, we have plenty of other options on the menu and we cater for vegetarians and vegans. Will see you soon! Tomodachi sushi bar galway.
Reviewed 2 March 2017

The crew in tomodachi do some of the best "Japanese" food I've had outside of Japan. The sushi is fresh and delicious, and any of the noodle dishes I've had (two different Ramen dishes and udon with tempura) have been excellent. Some of the tastiest and most authentic I've found in Ireland.

The venue itself is also very nice, with tatami style seating for special occasions/larger parties, and a nice atmosphere overall. The staff are also extremely pleasant. The only reason they don't get five stars overall is I feel it is a little on the expensive side, and probably not amazing value for money.

2  Thank Orla H

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Really liked my experience here, I'm not a sushi buff so generally play it safe, with Salmon and avocado roll this visit, but I was envious of all the other amazing stuff other diners looked to be enjoying. The staff were really friendly and helpful. I love that the rotating bar is not the whole restaurant so it has bit of a mixed atmosphere of casual dining and private dining. Love the group dining spaces with the sunken floor, will definitely go back!

1  Thank smelley
Reviewed 21 February 2017

I had never tried sushi but wanted to go so I tried Tomodachi when it opened in Galway and am very happy that I did. The restaurant is stunning and the service is next to none. The food is so fresh and is so well prepared. Myself and my friend couldn't stop looking around at the beautifully presented food, like platters of sushi that came in boats and bridges. It was a truly enjoyable experience and will definitely be going again.

1  Thank lisanihaoighleain
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

The sharing platter was delicious. Gorgeous crisp but delicate prawn tempura with a dip really stood out for me. The second time here and loved it. Thanks to the chefs for their hard work and talent. Lovely friendly waiting staff.

1  Thank Carmel M
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Have been there for the 3rd time for lunch and can't recomment this place enough! Absolutely amazing! The food is fresh and tasty, very reasonably priced. Great sushi that is made in front of your eyes in the open kitchen, the sushi belt adds as well to the experience.
Great shoutout to the staff as well, whoever was there on the day, they always greeted us genuinely friendly, always super service, and we never had to wait long for our food.
We will definitely be back there again!

1  Thank Antonia L