“Nice gastropub and great value”

John Keogh's - The Lock Keeper
Ranked #7 of 528 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Description: If you enjoy high quality food in a traditional pub environment you will love John Keoghs Gastropub! All of our food is prepared daily with the emphasis on local and fresh. Reservations taken - call us to book.
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This pub looks old but it's actually quite new. Nice relaxed ambiance with traditional features like snugs. Typical pub grub. Burgers are divine and the fish and chips is tasty and substantial. Nice desert menu and food is great! Very friendly and helpful staff! Definitely worth a visit.

4  Thank BluebellGalway

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Three friends and I recently visited John Keoghs for food and a night out. We were greeted by a very friendly hostess named Ciara I believe, we were seated right next to a lovely fire which was great as the weather outside was miserable. Ciara was very helpful with our food and drinks menu very informative and a great laugh! Our food was simply amazing , we all decided on different tapas and each one was delicious. We decided to stay for drinks after as it was a Saturday night and the atmosphere was great for friends visiting the city. I will definitely visit John Keoghs again the next time we are all in Galway. This made our trip one to remember!

1  Thank Galwaygurlfoodlover
Reviewed 27 March 2018

There was 4 of us for dinner on a Saturday evening and we were very happy with the food and service. The menu options are small but enough to get by. Also we'd arranged to have a birthday gathering for about 20 people after the meal and were accommodated perfectly with the choice of area to reserve from 9pm onwards. The lovely finger food or sliders was an added bonus. I will definitely be coming back to this pub because of its friendly atmosphere and ease of access compared to some pubs up town.

4  Thank bbmcguinness
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I visited John Keogh's on a Sunday evening. A very cosy, friendly gastropub. The food was amazing! Duck spring rolls are to die for. My friend had the slow cooked lamb and I had the hand rolled ravioli with blue cheese. Both mains were excellent. There was such a nice atmosphere, we hung around afterwards in the front bar for a few drinks. I'll definitely be back the next time I'm in Galway.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We didn’t have a reservation and they found us a table in the front bar. We didn’t have a main just sampled a load of starters. She really liked the polenta chips, the smoked salmon was nice. Would definitely eat here again.

2  Thank Terry K