“Seafood Chowder is fantastic”

John Keogh's - The Lock Keeper
Ranked #7 of 509 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Description: If you enjoy high quality food in a traditional pub environment you will love John Keoghs Gastropub! All of our food is prepared daily with the emphasis on local and fresh.
Reviewed 20 August 2017

It turns out this place is next door to our apartment block, so it was an easy choice.
Great food, great service, great ambience.
This feels like an old school Irish pub, with delicious seafood to top it off.
I had the Chowder and a 1/2 dozen Oysters. Both were delicious. My partner went for the Organic Salmon and was equally pleased.
Staff were friendly and helpful. The pub itself is all wood and bricks and charm.
Great lunch.

1  Thank Jay H

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Paid a visit to this place when we were in Galway. It did not disappoint us. the food was fantastic and the service was great too.
We'll be back.

1  Thank Paul_C_P_61
Reviewed 17 August 2017

My husband and I ate here in July I have to say it was one of the nicest meals we have had in Galway in a long time as both the food and the staff were excellent. To start we had the mussels (small portion) cooked in cider lovely flavour and himself had the chicken wings (very tasty)
Thank god I got the small portions of mussels as it was nearly a meal in itself.
My steak was tender and perfectly seasoned, I wasn’t gone on the relish/jam with the steak but that was a personal thing but it was on the side. My husband who would be fussy about his lamb had the shoulder of lamb it was already off the bone and was melt in the mouth (his words)
The Westend Royale cocktail for dessert was good too.

Overall I would highly recommend it was a pleasure to eat in a place where the staff are welcoming, friendly willing to have a bit of banter about the Roscommon steak (they had just beaten Galway) and are well informed of the details on the menu. The setting is lovely and cosy too. It had been a tough week we left feeling full & happy we will be back.

1  Thank G0zzy11
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We recently ate here whilst on a quick stop over in Galway. We're a family of three and shared a mixture of tapas style starters, two mains and a dessert. Wow! Everything was delicious! Steak melt in your mouth, incredibly fresh oysters and top notch chowder. Reasonably priced for both food and drink. Service by our lovely waitress, Ciara, impeccable too. Would recommend!

1  Thank Jessica_Stapleton
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely evening here last week. We were served by Aisling who went through the menu with us which was great. Had the seafood chowder and it was delicious. Will definitely be back and I would highly recommend this venue.

2  Thank noconn90