Very nice old hotel, but you are actually in Dun Laoghaire & would have preferred to be more in the city centre. The rooms were very dark, which was good for sleeping but are to truly enjoy. Very good meals at the hotel, had the lamb burger which was quite good. Staff were friendly, courteous & attentive. Rooms were clean, neat & tidy. To go in to town there is a rail service nearby but we took other transit. The harbor front was very quiet, very little activity going on along the waterfront nor in the downtown area. Not much around the hotel to take in, but enjoy your stay & use their amenities. Was part of our bus tour & was disappointed that they selected this hotel with its historical guests & stories but not what we wanted in Dublin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steeped in history and a favourite with the locals, this landmark Hotel is an impressive sight on the Dun Laoghaire skyline. Since 1828, a Dublin Hotel has occupied the site now occupied by the Royal Marine Hotel. With 228 Bedrooms, 14 Dedicated Meeting Rooms and a Conference Centre as well as The Pier Health Club and sananaSPA; the Royal Marine Hotel has it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Marine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Marine dún Laoghaire
- Hotel Royal Marine
- Royal Marine Hotel Dublin
- Royal Marine Hotel Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin