My husband, myself and our three month old baby loved our three night stay. We asked for a sea view, got it, and it so made our visit. Beautiful big sash bay windows looking out over the gorgeous bay... for the views and breakfasts alone, worth the stay. And so close to everything the town has to offer. Yes, it was a wee bit dated in decor... and I didn't enjoy it when I sneaked down the stairs late one night having got the baby to sleep to use the internet.... the cost of that and the (non) welcome by the bar staff when I asked for a drink that late (but still when they were supposed to be open to residents) was a bit off putting. But all in all.... we were made to feel welcome, breakfast was fantastic, staff were (mostly) lovely... and the views!! Yey!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the seafront in Dun Laoghaire, Haddington House has panoramic views of Dublin Bay. Originally four Victorian townhouses the hotel began its life as Haddington House, a finishing school for girls, before being converted into a hotel in the 1950s. We are continuing to develop the hotel property but in keeping with the unique heritage of the building. Our fifty en suite bedrooms have flat screen multi-channel TV's, free WiFi, Nespresso coffee machines, digital radios, hair dryers and filtered still and sparkling water. Our newer 'Classic' and 'Deluxe' rooms also come with an in-room safe, a mini fridge stocked with fresh milk, as well as a complimentary Irish Times. Most of the rooms in these categories also have spectacular sea views. Oliveto, the award-winning restaurant with views of the sea, serves Italian-inspired fare and is extremely popular so booking is highly recommended. There's also two unique events spaces: The Library Bar and Oak Room, a lobby bar and a buzzy garden overlooking the sea complete with a Hut Bar. The location is hard to beat with Dun Laoghaire DART station just a 5-minute walk away which provides regular rail connections to Dublin's city centre. The Aviva Stadium and the RDS can be reached after a 10-minute DART rail journey. If you're staying in the area, we have partnered up with a number of local businesses so guests can enjoy discounts on activities. The beautiful village of Dalkey is a short trip down the coast and is great for an afternoon's ramble. Directly opposite us is the historic east pier which was built especially for the arrival of Queen Victoria in 1900. Around the corner is the National Maritime Museum and the James Joyce Tower made famous by Ulysses is just a 5-minute walk away. If you fancy a dip, we'll supply you with towels for a visit to the well-known swimming spot, the 40 foot (beware of the seals!) We look forward to welcoming you to Haddington House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and LateRooms so you can book your Haddington House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingston Hotel dún Laoghaire
- Haddington House Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin