“Revolting - avoid at all costs” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oliveto

Oliveto
Price range: US$16 - US$32
Good for: Groups, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dublin
“Revolting - avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

We had the unfortunate experience of eating in Oliveto last Thursday October 28th.There are some very serious issues with this establishment - not the waiting staff - the standard of food. Quite simply what we were served was atrocious and inedible. I cannot comment of the standard of the pizzas as we did not go out to eat nor order pizza. I'll start at the beginning - we ordered a selection of breads with dips & olives, a warm cheese dish, a ragout and a venison. The bread were were served, after a half hour wait, was stale, the dips consisted of what tasted like cheap pesto from a jar and was highly unpleasant with a feeling that it had been left out for days, and the olives were dried out, quite clearly old, and tasted frankly disgusting. Next the warm cheese, which again was inedible - quite simply the most putrid thing I think I've had the misfortune to get on a plate - until that is we were confronted with my wife's dish, which was supposed to be a duck ragout, but in reality was a foul smelling plate of overcooked tagliatelle with nameless lumps of meat sprinkled over the top. The stink was stomach-churning. The 'ragout' was some kind of brown hardened sauce and the entire dish could be lifted from the plate in one lump. At that point my venison appeared but both of us felt too ill to stay a moment longer. Needless to say we left.

A rare night out for us, as we have a young family, was completely destroyed. I still feel sick when I think about the putrid fare we were presented with.

If this is simply a pizzeria then they should have the guts to call it what it is & not pretend to offer authentic Italian food.They are serving food which is, in my opinion, not only disgusting but dangerous. Somebody needs to manage the kitchen properly & ensure this kind of thing ceases. Otherwise they will go out of business. Alternatively they could just stick to pizzas...

If I were to sum it all up on one word it would have to be 'revolting'.

• 2 of 5 bubbles