“Wonderful food, friendly staff & nice ambience.”

Oliveto at Haddington House
Price range: US$19 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This popular restaurant is open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You will find seasonal Italian-inspired menus paired with a stunning sea view, alongside a beautiful bar. Haddington House began its journey as Oliveto and you’ll see from the quality and freshness of what they serve that food is still at the forefront of what they do.
Reviewed 13 February 2012

When Olivetto closed at their previous premises in Dun Laoghaire, I was very disappointed as an evening spent over a meal there was always a delightful experience.
So when I heard Olivetto had opened again recently at The Kingston Hotel in Dun Laoghaire I was really pleased but a bit apprehensive about how the experience might have changed.
I need not have worried, as soon as you walk through the door you are met by the same friendly staff who worked for Olivetto previously.
The restaurant was spacious and had a tranquil but cheerful atmosphere and the views from the windows over looking Dun Laoghaire harbour pier and the sea just fabulous.
The menu has expanded (although I do hope they re-instate the rabbit terrine) and when our food came it was excellent.
Service was good and the prices seemed very reasonable.
Olivetto is back! and I am!
The location is great.
Went in again yesterday and it's easy to see the good word has spread as the restaurant was almost full for Sunday lunch which was very enjoyable.

1  Thank Tony B

Reviewed 9 February 2012

On a weekend in Dublin we found this gem of a restaurant at The Kingston Hotel opposite the East Pier in Dun Laoghaire. It was Saturday night so the place was buzzing and we enjoyed an aperitif at the Fireside bar, which has a fantastic view of the bay. As it was a cold evening we were deliighted to sit near the fire. We had a dinner in the main restaurant which also has great sea views and a real sense of space. The food was rustic Italian fare of a really high standard and came at a very good price. I ate the pork chop with stewed peppers and rocket and my husband had the wild boar ragout. All the food was really well executed and the service was so friendly and welcoming. We will definitely return here when we are back in Dublin and I would highly recommend this place. A great place to go after doing a seafront walk in Dun Laoghaire or Sandycove.

1  Thank Londongal1
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We really missed Oliveto while they were blacked out.
By far the best and only Italian restaurant in south Dublin, i would go there with friends, family, clients. Deliciously light "Fritto" last night, and jumping our of water brill, perfectly cooked and dressed.
Oliveto uses the real ingredients and they do not mess with them.
team always friendly and competent. The new undertaking on the sea front is fantastic, with a beautiful sea view and in a very romantic "turn of the century" environment.
You can also book meeting rooms and there will be a cafe' lounge. Thank you guys !

1  Thank vittoriaDublin
Reviewed 14 January 2012

The Master Chef of Pizza and Italian Food are back for our pleasure and palate.....let's go there and enjoy it :D

1  Thank NathanNever1974
Reviewed 2 February 2011

I ate in Oliveto last night with some girlfriends and really enjoyed the experience. I was struck by the care they took in explaining the choices, helping with the wine list ( we got to taste a sip of wine before making our selection), I love looking at the flames of the oven too. My food was very tasty, fresh and healthy with very Italian nuances and options. The pizza smelt delish but i did not taste it. I'll be eating there again

1  Thank nollaig50