“Superb food and attentive service”
Review of Rasam Restaurant

Rasam Restaurant
Price range: US$28 - US$71
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Rasam Restaurant excels at serving consistent quality food served in a creative but authentic Indian style. We pride ourselves on our fresh ingredients including Indian spices that are mixed, roasted & ground daily at Rasam Restaurant. We very much consider hospitality to be much more than just a social formality. Visit us and enjoy the dishes we present with great pride.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Enjoyed a super delicious double 50th birthday celebration with family at this delightful restaurant. Food was delicious and quality way better than any other Indian we have eaten at. The lamb shank was spicy and succulent and we all enjoyed the intense flavours and good wines. Alex our waiter then topped the meal off with a special birthday dessert and another round of complimentary of sambucas. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very tasty, great service, superb setting. Probably one of the best Indian meals we have ever had. Top class! Couldn't fault.

1  Thank Niamher123
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not a lot to say. The staff are helpful, the ambiance pleasant but the food is very average. There is nothing special about this place, just middle of the road, mediocre food.

1  Thank Ngwe001
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Rasam was one of my favorite restaurants in Dublin but disappointingly my last couple of dining experiences have been disappointing. What I have noticed most is that the restaurant has lost its charm. There was a time when Service was exceptionally customer oriented however now staff appear indifferent and were not particularly unhelpful with food suggestions. As we booked late we had a table in the bar area, but were told if possible we would be moved to a restaurant table. We ordered wine and a collection of the side vegetarian dishes to share as main courses, pilau rice and nan bread. No front of house came to us again about moving us to the restaurant area or to explain that it would not be possible, which would have indicated a genuine intent to try to accommodate our request.

The dishes arrived promptly and where chucked on the table without explaining the dishes. Staff were exceptionally inattentive , as a result we had to wave or call out for attention, ( to get more rice, or replenish the wine) something I feel is unacceptable in a top class restaurant, and a sign of restaurant lethargy. The food as usual was very good, some dishes especially delicious, (the Okra, Lentils and Sag Mushrooms). I hope Rasam can find the old world charm it once had, where diners were made feel special, and which placed it far ahead of most Dublin Restaurants.

Date of visit: October 2018
3  Thank PTsouros
Reviewed 27 October 2018

Had been putting it off for a while re ordering from this place due to the fact that it is more pricey than the other Indian places in the area, but decided to bite the bullet and order anyway It was Saturday night , I called them up, someone answered and asked if they could help me, before I could get any words out of my mouth they promptly asked me to hold on a minute, than hung up on me, not a good start I thought to myself however I could partially forgive them as they seemed like they were extremely busy at the time, so I waited a little bit and decided to call them back again. I felt like I was being rushed when trying to order, but I put this down to it being a Saturday night and they had a lot to deal with. I ordered Murgh Tikka @ 8.95 as a starter and Murgh Makhani @18.95 as a main course, I asked what exactly is that and what is the sauce like? he said you know Chicken Tikka Masala? I said yes, he said. well basically like that! I thought to myself, then why not just call it Chicken Tikka Masala? I also ordered Aloo Podimas @ 4.95 which was a potato side dish, and Nan Bread.(Please note that a 20% discount is applied to takeaways) After a half an hour or so I went down to pick up the food, got home, first thing I tried was the very small complementary bag of poppadoms which I immediately thought had a very fishy taste, thinking to myself they must have fried these in the same oil they fry the calamari in, then tried there mango dip which I thought extremely bland opened up the rest of the food the Murgh Tikka I thought was very nice with a lovely Tandooried flavor unfortunately things began to go downhill from there, the Murgh Makhani tasted very bland and one dimensional if I were to sum it up I thought basically some Campbell's tomato soup, a bit of cream, garlic ginger and a few spices thrown in. was not what I was expecting from a restaurant which I thought to be the creme de la creme of Indian cuisine in the area. the Aloo Podimas was equally as disappointing it reflected a lack of skill in its preparation the potatoes were not fully cooked and had not been cooked long enough for the flavors to be absorbed into the potato the Nan Bread I got I wont even go in to, overall I have to say a very disappointing experience, I expected a higher standard from this place!

Date of visit: October 2018