“Bit of a hipster feel to the place but good food and friendly service”
Review of Union Cafe

Union Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Union Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #852 of 2,639 Restaurants in Dublin
Neighbourhood: North City Centre
Neighbourhood: North City Centre
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Out for a family meal, really enjoyed it. The waitress was full of chat with good recommendations. The menu is contemporary without being fussy.
The food was tasty with with good selection of beers to match, both commercial brands and independent brewers.

PressUpEntertainment, General Manager at Union Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Thanks martinflynn2017,

We do our best to keep things exciting with regards to our offering and are delighted you enjoyed these items. Thank you for the positive rating.

There are newer reviews for Union Cafe

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Great food, lots is space, super baby friendly. Highly recommend! Staff are friendly. Good place for nursing mums. Felt v welcome

Thanks Aislingeach2017,

We really appreciate the feedback and thank you for your rating.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

My husband and I, are living in the area and have become quite fond of the delicious and fresh taste of this lovely Caffe'.

We had lunch & breakfast here,several times and we were always delighted with the great menu and the freshness of the ingredients. Perfect for fitness people as well, with a great choice of protein dishes.

Today we were served by a wonderful lady'; Elisa. She took wonderful care of us with her outstanding and genuine customer service. Eating in a great place is great but being also served with professionalism, care and efficiency while still remaining genuine, it's the real deal!!

We will always come back. This lovely place also has a superb patisserie and bakery, quite small and delicious. It feels a little holiday within the day...

Keep it up! :)

We are grateful for the positive feedback and look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Invited to a birthday celebration with the Union Cafe as the venue .
Out came google maps to help us find it .
WOW !! this place is amazing .
Beautiful bright and fresh decor with friendly and attentive fun loving staff .

We were in the function room upstairs but were so impressed with what we saw when we arrived we took a little wander around the other parts of it .

Restaurant down stairs looked lovely and will definitely one we will try on our next visit .

Bar next door - buzzing .. great live music towards the back making it a great place to finish off the night after your meal.

The food !!!
Party platters with a difference .
Loved that they were served on cast iron hot plates .
Everything was Yummy and enjoyed by all .

Breaded Brie ... Chicken wings ...Wraps With Hake and dressing ...onion rings ... chips ....

Apart from the great night we had at the party this place is definitely one we will return to , very impressed indeed .

M

1  Thank belledub

Thanks belledub,

We appreciate the feedback and are delighted you had such a nice experience with us.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

I have been to the Union Cafe on two occasions, the first time with a group of three and the second time with a group of eight. The first time I arrived after my friends had ordered, my food arrived first and after I had finished my dish (which arrived lukewarm) it became apparent that my friends' orders had been forgotten about. We had to ask to have the orders made and we were only offered a 10% discount on the bill. I worked in a restaurant for years and have given diners larger discounts for less.

The second time we waited over 40 minutes for our food even though most of us got salads. When they arrived they were very disappointing- I paid €13 for a salad that was not properly dressed and the portion size was tiny.

I will not be returning to Union Cafe- there are much better spots around this area!

PressUpEntertainment, General Manager at Union Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Dear niamhmccormax,

Thank you for your feedback. I would be grateful if you could contact me directly as I would like to better understand the points you have made us aware of. I'm available by email on barry@unioncafe.ie