“Disappointing service from the manager”
Review of Brasserie Sixty6

Brasserie Sixty6
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie Sixty6 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 2,730 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A relaxed, intimate restaurant serving diverse international cuisine, Brasserie Sixty6 sits in the heart of Dublin. Simple bistro furnishings and expansive black and white collages fill the smart, understated dining room, and refreshing cocktails and thirst-quenching mocktails are served at the bar. Sourcing from the region's finest fishmongers, butchers, grocers and bakers, the Brasserie Sixty6 menu is headed by a speciality rotisserie selection.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We ate in the restaurant on Wednesday night. We were a party of 6, and rang an hour before hand to change our booking to 7 people which they were able to accommodate which was great.
We arrived and waited 10 minutes for two members of our group to arrive. I have been to brasserie Sixty6 about 6/7 times before and the food and service is always impeccable.

The manager took our order, we all opted to go for the €41, 3 course menu. There was a delay in our drinks and water arriving but the restaurant was busy, they looked understaffed. I think there was the manager and 3 waiters working. They dropped down one basket of bread to our table of 7 which was instantly gone, they should have dropped two baskets down for a larger group. I had the duck leg confit to start- I have it every time and as usual it was BEAUTIFUL! We then had our main, I ordered the steak medium and another member of our party ordered a steak well done. When the food came out, I ended up being given the well done steak and my dad the medium. We didn’t realise till it was too late, my steak was quite flat so just assumed it had continued cooking until I saw the other steak was quite pink. There was no point in saying anything at that stage as it would have taken too long to change, it was a little disappointing but we finished our meals- Everyone was full and enjoyed their dinner.

Our mains were cleared and we were dropped the dessert menus and a beer was ordered. Then we waited and waited and waited. We were wondering where the beer was, and where our waiter/manager was! He was standing over at the door leaning on the bar with his back to us chatting to two girls. We tried making noise to get his attention- or anyone else’s attention and no one came over to us. We ended up standing up after a HALF AN HOUR and getting a waiter to come over to us. Our waiter was full of apology on the managers behalf – which he shouldn’t have had to do. He took our order and brought the beer and told us it was on the house. At that stage it wasn’t even wanted because it had been so long, but we appreciated his gesture. Our desserts/cocktails came out the cocktails were nice, 3 of us ordered the pannacotta. The Pannacotta wasn’t set. It was the consistency of a crème anglaise and runny so too sickly so I didn’t eat it.

The manager finally moved away from the two women and obviously realised he had completely forgotten about the tables he was looking after. He came over to us to make sure everything was ok- we told him how we were left waiting over a half an hour to order the third course of our 3 course menu and that he forgot our beer. He of course apologised but it was a bit too late, we were dissatisfied with the service.

We were ready to leave when the manager appeared with 7 glasses of prosecco- he obviously realised he had messed up and we weren’t happy. Yes the gesture is nice- but at the end of a 3 course meal- none of us wanted it. One of the members of our group doesn’t drink and another was driving so they were wasted. The rest of us only drank it because it was in front of us. We would have ratherd he took a round of drinks off the bill instead of bring out an unwanted round. It was a bit too little too late to be honest.

All in all it was a disappointing night. I also work as a manager in a local Dublin city centre restaurant and know that the managers behaviour was off. If his section was finishing up he should have handed his tables over to a waiter on the floor instead of clocking off in his head and chatting up two women. I am saddened to say I would rethink going back to Brasserie Sixty6 for any other family meals after that evening.

Prime_Steak_mgt, Manager at Brasserie Sixty6, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello, we would like to apologize for your negative experience at Brasserie Sixty6. You can contact us by calling +353 1 4005878 or by email at bookings@brasseriesixty6.com to discuss this problem further, we look forward to speaking with you.
Thank you from our team at Brasserie Sixty6.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,077)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Staff are very attentive and friendly, and the food was lovely. I ordered the crab as a starter and a salmon as the main. I didn’t enjoy the crab salad as much as the salmon. Person I was dining with ordered the chicken wings and surf and turf and I would recommend this! I had a taste of both and wish I ordered them! Fabulous wine list also. I had a cocktail as a dessert and I think it was called raspberry in London, amazing!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went last Saturday night and had never been before. I was dining with my superwife and two friends one of whom I set up to be celebrating his 60th birthday (he's not 60) Anyway, myself and the wife were into 66 earlier then the other two and the lady on reception was such a pro - really friendly and warm (she'll go far). She agreed to play along with the 60th birthday prank and when Steve (that's his name) and his wife arrived in they were shown to table '60' lol. The restaurant is a very nice warm, trendy & spacious affair and the menu has a really good selection. I went for the crab starter followed by half a chicken ! Wife went for the crab and the seabass (i think) or was it Hake. Anyway everyone ws happy and the staff then surprised Steve with a rendition or Happy Birthday with a plate emblazoned with 'Happy 60th' written on it. Well done 66. Great fun great food and YES we will be back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived as a party of three to Brasserie Sixty6 at about five o'clock. "Have you booked?" asked the maitre d'. We hadn't. Oh dear, where was she going to seat us in this (almost empty) restaurant??
Once the inconvenience of our arrival had been dealt with, we settled down to look at the menu. Three menus to be precise. The two adults in the party chose from the €29.99 menu which offered starter, main and either dessert or a cheeky cocktail. Our ten year old didn't have a child's menu to choose from so opted for sausage and chips.
My mushroom soup starter was tasty. The hake main was enjoyable also, if a little salty. I had a berry cocktail rather than a dessert. Very nice. So far, so okay.
As the evening was progressing I had noticed couples being offered tables that would have had them squeezed between other diners. Why???? The place was still not busy. Two couples objected to this senseless seating and were moved to better tables.
Our so-so Brasserie Sixty6 experience was coming to an end. Time to ask for the bill. The waitress (maitre d') who had begrudgingly seated us presented me with the bill. Her smile was still sadly absent. I took out my credit card. We then sat for ten minutes. Was the meal free?? Was the grumpy reception being compensated for by a free dinner?? I doubted it. After the afore mentioned wait of ten minutes, during which I was holding both bill and credit card in my hand for all waiters to behold, we stood up and started putting our coats on. Lo and behold our grumpy waitress appeared. Oh dear. The inconvenience of pesky customers insisting upon paying a bill.
The shame of it is I always tip. Not tonight. I usually recommend a restaurant if the food is tasty. Not tonight.
Nice food can be ruined by grumpy service.
We won't be back.

Hello Marie, we would like to apologize for your negative experience at Brasserie Sixty6. You can contact us by calling +353 1 4005878 or by email at bookings@brasseriesixty6.com to discuss this problem further, we look forward to speaking with you.
Thank you from our team at Brasserie Sixty6

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a great dinner here last Friday. We had a voucher for a three course meal, bottle of wine and a cocktail.
The cocktails were delicious and the wine was great too. We had soup and confit duck to start and rotisserie chicken and a burger for mains. Everything was delicious and cooked to perfection.
We were too full for dessert so we were able to swap it for another cocktail. We left very full of food and drink and very happy.